Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay until i get the caliper from cliff i put the old 1 back on the rear ..now i have no back brakes is there a secret to getting this thing to work again any help would be very much appreciated :(

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
Are you sure you bleed them well. I've found it helps to engage the the parking brake when bleeding the rear brake. Remember the rear brake operates both the rear caliper and the smaller piston on the front caliper so you will have to bleed both of them.

Does your front brake work when you pull the right hand lever?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes front works fine i didnt take the front off like i did the back i had the back brake completely off n the cable sitting there then when i couldnt get the bolt out n cliff said he'd sale me 1 i put the old 1 back on and now can't get it to work

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
In that case I assume you had the brake line off so go through the bleeding procedure again. Set the rear parking brake and bleed the rear brake first then bleed the small piston on the front brake (if you are not sure which piston to bleed on the front follow the brake line up and do the one that has a line leading to the lead master cylinder). That should get you working again if you mounted the rear brake back correctly.

BTW, you will have to readjust the parking brake to get it to work right.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay see .lol i didn't even bleed em right so i'll go back now that i know where the bleeding valve is i was actually trying to bleed em from the hose the nut that holds it in place that little air thing i didn't know that was the bleeder so ill go at that some time today thanks Buffalo

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
Your welcome.

For those that are reading this and think something is missing in the narrative, we exchanged PM's in which I explain the bleed procedure to him.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it Buffalo i appreciate your help bled them today ,working fine now just had to figure out what i was doing(act of congress)your explination was perfect again thank you so very much ... LOL anyways we got it done works better than it ever did..now to get cliffs brake caliper n change the old 1 out we'll be rocking like a rockstar lol :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
i found some new brakes if anyone want's to spend less ,from http://www.sumobrakes.com/ there website is not up yet?

but i purchased both front and rear from Ebay, had no problems out of them...

Suppose to be made in Japan and Assembled in China, Atleast that's what the Package saids.

Elliott,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts