Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are brake bleeders available for the Silverwing. Has anyone used a similar product for the Burgman 400's (pre-2007 specifically although I doubt the year will make a difference).

He doesn't offer Burgman bleeders but says he'd make them if I knew what size in mm I needed. Does anybody know what size the fitting should be?

Thanks in advance, ~ Bugjr ~

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I have used them in the past, on a number of vehicles, and always found they worked well.

He does have speed bleeders for our scoots, but has never been asked for them before--they are model SB8125, having an M8 x 1.25 thread and 16 mm working depth...

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
... snipped ... I have used them in the past, on a number of vehicles, and always found they worked well.

He does have speed bleeders for our scoots, but has never been asked for them before--they are model SB8125, having an M8 x 1.25 thread and 16 mm working depth...
Thanks very much for your detailed response. It was exactly what I was looking for. I see there are several different lengths/depths available for a SB8125 bleeder. Is the 16 mmm working depth the correct one for a Burg 400?

FWIW - I did ask him (or perhaps it was another distributor) about Burgman speed bleeders a year or maybe even two ago now ... and he said he didn't make them (at least at that time he didn't). i also couldn't find them when I scanned his eBay store but maybe I missed them.

Thanks again. ~ Bugjr ~

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Thanks very much for your detailed response. It was exactly what I was looking for. I see there are several different lengths/depths available for a SB8125 bleeder. Is the 16 mmm working depth the correct one for a Burg 400?

FWIW - I did ask him (or perhaps it was another distributor) about Burgman speed bleeders a year or maybe even two ago now ... and he said he didn't make them (at least at that time he didn't). i also couldn't find them when I scanned his eBay store but maybe I missed them.

Thanks again. ~ Bugjr ~
The stock bleed screws have a 16 mm working depth (shank), as do the SB8125 speed bleeders. I suspect the reason "they" said they did not have them is because no one had ever before asked and they did not know what size they were...

As I said I have used them in the past, however unless I were all alone in the world I would not place them as high priority for something that you might maybe do once a year. Also, FWIW I have found that using a handheld vacuum pump to "suck" bleed the braking system does not work well on the Burgman--at least my '03 anyway. Conventional open the valve, depress and hold the lever, close the valve and repeat as necessary is the fastest way.

For the rear "combination" brake do the rear caliper first then the "rear" piston at the front caliper...

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I stay old school when it comes to bleeding brakes, especially with the Burgman. They have a tendency to get air trapped in the banjo fitting otherwise...and that can be a pain to deal with.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I stay old school when it comes to bleeding brakes, especially with the Burgman. They have a tendency to get air trapped in the banjo fitting otherwise...and that can be a pain to deal with.
I think this is why vacuum bleeding does not work well.

Pressurizing the master cylinder would likely work, however it is not that big a deal to just just round up someone to help and do a plain ol' open bleeder, step/squeeze, close bleeder process. I have actually done this alone using a length of Kevlar cord to yank the brake lever while I open and closed the bleeder...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts