Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my continued rework of the 400 I brought home last week has moved to the read brakes. I took them off and there's a fair bit left so I'm not going to change them right now, but I did already order some off of ebay as replacements but they don't come with the shims like the oem ones do.

Do I just reuse the existing shims or are the these ebay ones of no use without shims too ?
They didn't cost me a lot and I can return them , since I don't need them right this minute and they messed up the order anyway and sent me 2003-2006 rear pads by mistake which I wouldn't have know without this site - Yeah

Appreciate any insights

Jeff

·
Premium Member
8,134 Posts
my 2C send them back and get the right stuff, if it has shims it will be the right shims, I dn't think you will need to replace anything but pads and that not for a while yet unless you are in a heavy braking terrain

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks - I wonder why all these places sell without shims then -hence my question - but probably will do that

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I just replaced both front and rear pads and kept the old shims...they were in good shape. I doubt you will have to replace them unless the metal is eaten through with rust.

·
Registered
298 Posts
replaced my rear pads twice and front pads once and re-used the shims each time. Be carefull when installing the rear pads, there is a little pip that has to locate into the cross shaped slot in one of the pistons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts