Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a recommendation for brake pads? There are many brands available, any better than others?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I just replaced my rear brakes with some I got off ebay. I got these.

With only a couple of hundred miles on them so far, it's to soon to have an opinion on durability. Operationally, they stop the bike. They do it well. Rain or shine. It's all I ask.

Before I replaced mine I did a little cursory research here and elsewhere on the web. EBC gets generally positive (by no means unanimous) reviews. I just went with generic metallic sintered pads. I'm pretty certain metallic sintered is what you want on the rear. You may be able to use organic (e.g. kevlar) on the front if you like those. When I need to do the front brakes, I'll probably get the complete set of pads from the same (or similar) place I went this time.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about Galfer? Also, I thought that metallic were hard and ate rotors.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I tried Galfer organic pads back when I had my cruiser. No significant performance difference, maybe a little less stopping power. I did wear them out in less than 10K miles. BY comparison, I did something over 25K on the replacements and didn't notice significant wear.

As for eating rotors, I don't know. Not something I've experienced. The material is supposed to be a relatively soft metal composition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts