Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hearing an intermittent high pitch "squealling" from the front wheel area. 2007 AN with about 18,000 miles. Does not sound or feel like bearings but reminds me of how car brakes sound when the little wear warning tab on the pads start to get close to the disc rotor. Could that be what I am hearing. I operated the brakes while hearing the noise and nothing changed. I will take one of the calipers off tonight and take a look at the brakes, but I would have expected more than 18,000 from an OEM set. I am second owner, and have no knowledge of how the PO rode. Just thought I would post this question because I KNOW how much you all love to help.

Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,032 Posts
squirt some hydraulic fluid in there, noise should go away and you'll get some cool flames
;)

Reactions: Tromper

·
Registered
713 Posts
Pop the pads out put a film of copper slip grease on the back. Clean the exposed piston push them back in fully to check they are free. May need a G cramp to do this. Pads back in put calipers back on pump the front brake to reset the pads.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update. Noise is still there. I removed one of the calipers and the brakes look good. Plenty of meat on the pads. The noise is very evident and occurs between indicated 40 and 50 mph. Outside that range, no noise. Too bad it's where most of my riding happens. The only thing I have done, THE ONLY THING, is shimmed the windshield using LeDude's method. This noise does not sound like a wind whistle, but I will eventually remove the shield and see what happens. I believe it is related to the brakes although the operation of either brake lever during the noise has no effect. Baffling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts