Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, I know this has been discused before, but I could never find the length of the brake lines. It seems that after rebuilding both master cylinders, that the lines are swelling and not applying the brakes. So, I was told by the mechanic to get Stainless Steel brake lines. But, he wants me to find the right lines for him to install. I looked at the part fiche, and it almost looks like it is in pieces and not a continuous piece with fittings at both ends. So, does anyone know what I need to do? I should replace both front and back lines to the front caliper, but right now I need to do the front. Anyone know the length and what exactly is going on? Thanks again for all the contiued help. You all certainly have saved me quite a few times.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Looks Sketchy to me????
I believe there are several different set ups even within the 2003-2006 models let alone the 2007 and up models.
The brake lines might be close enough not to matter though ??? :confused:
The best solution is to measure what you have and go with that. ;)

Measure twice and cut once Pa used to always tell me! :cool:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, I know how to measure them, but what messes with me is the part fiche shows it in multiple pieces. I don’t see why? I would think just one long hose would do the job?

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
yeah, I know how to measure them, but what messes with me is the part fiche shows it in multiple pieces. I don’t see why? I would think just one long hose would do the job?

I suppose you are talking about the rear hose because the front hose is just one piece. It goes from the right master cylinder to the large piston on the front caliper. Hoses for the standard and sport models are different.

On the rear you have a hose that goes from the left master cylinder to the proportioning valve. Another hose that goes from the proportioning valve to the small piston on the front brake caliper. A steel line that goes from the proportioning valve to the back of the bike near the engine. A final hose that goes from the end of the steel line down to the caliper on the rear wheel.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Well, when you look at the parts fiche it looks weird.
That is because of the rear "linked brakes" and the proportioning valve (rear brake lever also activates front brake proportionally).
Multiple hoses are required.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, when you look at just the front brake in the parts fiche, it shows things that connect lengths of hose to make one hose. Can't I just make one long SS line?

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Here is the fiche http://www.partshark.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=300374&category=Scooters&make=SUZUKI&year=2003&fveh=7244

Item 3 is the hose. It is a single piece of hose that goes from the banjo fitting at the master cylinder to the banjo fitting at the caliper. What you are seeing that is larger in diameter is a protective cover over the hose. It's basically a hose over a hose there to protect the brake hose from rubbing through. Look at your hose down by the front caliper where the clamp secures it and you will see what I am talking about. There are also heavier pads that go around the hose where the clamps secure it to the frame again for protection.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok. Thank you for the explanation. I just couldn't tell what was going on. I believe I can get this made at a local shop since there aren't any unusual pieces on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts