Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a hanger on the 650, kind of hidden behind the muffler, that holds the two brake lines in place. When I removed the stock muffler to install the Remus, I noticed that the bolt and washer that holds the hanger to the scooter frame had gone missing. I probably wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't done the muffler replacement job. The brake was still working fine.

I had the bolt & washer replaced at the dealership Friday when I was there for an oil change.

You might want to check yours. I don't know if this is potentially a typical problem or not. I have about 5,000 miles on my scooter. I have no idea at what mileage the bolt disappeared. I also don't know what the replacement parts cost since it was covered under maintenance contract - but probably not very much.

·
Registered
308 Posts
pauljo said:
There is a hanger on the 650, kind of hidden behind the muffler, that holds the two brake lines in place. /snip/ not very much.
I founda missing centerstand mount bolt, when I out the scoot up, it rocked side to side..

So much for the idiot who assembled it. And BTW, the service monkeys who were supposed to inspect it during 600 mile service.

It galls me. Maybe your hanger bolts were never installed.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Thanks for the heads up the both of you. I'm going to have to go and do a thorough once over from front to back and see if I have all the pieces as well. It's raining again today so will have to do first thing tommorrow.

Thanks again !

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Well the skies cleared and gave me a chance to go over the bike. I took or both lower shields as well as the final gear case cover. The only thing I found loose was one of the nuts under the seat on the hinge. Tightened it up and no problems now.......I hope :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Remus

Hi Pauljo
When you fit your Remus to your 650 what will you do with the conection fo the co2 meter that is on the orig. pipes.???????

Paul

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Remus

redbird 2 said:
Hi Pauljo
When you fit your Remus to your 650 what will you do with the conection fo the co2 meter that is on the orig. pipes.???????
Paul
The USA models do not have an O2 sensor - the opening where the sensor would go is welded shut on the stock muffler.

The Remus does have a threaded hole in the pipe to screw the sensor into.
For us in countries where it is not required, they provide a screw-in plug to close the hole.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts