Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

I remember I have read something about my problem in this forum, but it was before I had my Burgy 650, so it was not that important for me.

I was warned by friends that they dont see me braking ( lights dont shine up). They are active only when I brake hard. I tried to switch bikes and its true. I couldn't see the lights on while slow braking.

Is it possible to change the sensitivity of the brake lights?

Thanks for help.

Slepejs

·
Registered
969 Posts
The only opportunities I've had to follow other Burgers have been on overcast days. Of course, I wouldn't have noticed it then. I'll have to look out for that.

Steve

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
My guess is that you are using the engine braking, and not really activating the brakes at all. On most bikes though, you can adjust the point where the brake light activates - I'm just not sure about the details on the 650.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
I have an '04 650 and just the slightest pressure on either brake lever activates the brake light. When you use the engine braking alone the brake lights won't come on.
Whenever I'm in a traffic situation and I'm using just the engine braking to slow, I just lightly tap or squeeze a brake lever to activate the brake light (but not the brakes) to warn following vehicles.
Don

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for tips.

I will call the dealer to check it, if its standard or something to adjust.

Slepejs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts