Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start my bike my brake lights are on as if the brakes has been applied. When I press the left brake I hear the clicking sound, but when I press the right brake it feels stiff. It doesn't click like the left brake lever. Could it be a problem with the right brakes or brake lever?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Question: After you start the bike, do the brake lights turn off after depressing and then releasing the brake lever(s) again, or do they remain on?

·
Registered
92 Posts
There is a good chance it's the brake switch, take it off and spray some contact cleaner in the switch then spray some contact grease, it should do the trick.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They stay on.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
I would unplug the micro switches on the brake lever one at a time and see if the lights go off. If they do then you know you have a bad switch.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Had the opposite problem with my K05. The switches wouldn't turn on the brake light i.e.. and the scoot would not start. I purchase a spray can of contact cleaner from Radio Shack, problem solved. Funny that both switches both front and rear quit working within days of each other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts