Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Brake levers

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Dave_J 
#1 ·
Good morning, does anyone know if a brake lever fits from another Suzuki model except Suzuki Burgman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#2 ·
The short answer is "yes."

The longer answer is that as long as the thickness at the bolt and diameter of the hole are the same, then yes. I'm not sure what models that would directly transfer to. Also, make sure the length and angle of the lever are comfortable for you.

You can order levers in "standard sizes" that normally comes down to length and bolt hole diameter. For example, I replaced my levers with adjustable levers a couple years ago.

#9 ·
I've done some work for a rebuilder. We buy salvage or used bikes, fix em up and sell them or strip them for parts. We have boxes of parts that might be useful some day: turn signals, knuckle busters, brake levers, muffler bearings, instrument clusters, tee-totalers, fenders, jim dandys, etc. I imagine every city has a business like this who has boxes of parts. I recall that there are 100 kinds of brake levers; it can take a while to find the right one. You might even get it for free and make some interesting friends in the process.

#11 ·
Just FYI, a 2008 Burgman lever will NOT work on a 2003. The 2008's pad that pushes on the Master cylinder is too big and locks the 2003's front brake up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.