Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it's possible or feasible to adjust the brake levers to that they're closer to the grips? One of my bad habits (as noted by the MSF instructor) was that I tend to grip the levers with only two fingers (index, middle). This is because my ring finger barely reaches and the pinkie is way too short.

Thanks!
Bryna aka "Short Woman"

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Invincsum said:
...One of my bad habits (as noted by the MSF instructor) was that I tend to grip the levers with only two fingers (index, middle).
I ride with my index fingers over the brake levers at all times. I brake with my index fingers only. Maybe my martial arts training has given me fingers that are stronger than average, but the Burgman's brakes seem to be so good that I don't see that this should be a problem for anyone.

I've never taken a formal riding class. Am I doing something really "wrong"?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
billmeek said:
You might find these articles of interest:
Cool. Essentially they say that I'm doing it right, although they seem to suggest using two fingers for most riders.

Also, since both articles are written by/for standard motorcycle riders they are written from the standpoint of a clutch, rather than a brake, on the left grip, but we can extrapolate.

Good articles, overall, IMNSHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts