Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY BREAK SHOES ON REAR ARE SHOT.took 1 bolt out with ease.the other bolt it's like who ever owned this thing before me must have over tighten it .the head stripped out on me now iam screwed tried and easy out and my gosh that broke to almost like someone welded it back in place now im so totally screwed guess ill be looking for a used caliper now not paying for a new 1 just aint gonna happen anyways ..whats next man 1 door open the next problem i find i bought this for 1950.00 ive got another 650 in it :(........im so close to putting it back together sitting it in a parking lost n just get what i can for it .and just wish my losses away i got the lemon of the patch on this 1 not ever again.i'll buy me a new 1 next time.2004 burgman 400 28k miles $1600.00 florida :(

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I had the same Problem on the Front Break CALIPER screw your best bet is to Drill it thru , for some reason the Heat from these devices jams the Bolt, The Bottom one always seem to come off easy then the top one , this is a Design flaw problem, After drilling mines thru i just Inserted a Long Half threaded Screw and put the Nut behind it, it was to expensive to buy a new BRAKE CALIPER,

you keep trying use any thing at your disposal, Drimel,cutters,Hammers if necessary.

Elliott,

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Elliott .lol it's been a nightmare...maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
naw that set wouldnt work because ob the caliper it's inest inside the housing nothing to grab ive tried an Bolt/Screw Extractor and it to broke off in there heat im not sure will work more than likely i'll drill it out but thank you for the info :)

·
Premium Member
14,279 Posts
If you have a bolt extractor broke off in it and you can't get that extractor out you are likely going to have trouble drilling it. The extractor is made of metal that is hard to drill through.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I have a caliper off a 2005 that only had 3500 miles on it--excellent condition. $40 plus shipping (or you can pick it up in Saint Augustine, or perhaps we could meet somewhere on the Southside of Jacksonville)...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Badgator said:
naw that set wouldnt work because ob the caliper it's inest inside the housing nothing to grab ive tried an Bolt/Screw Extractor and it to broke off in there heat im not sure will work more than likely i'll drill it out but thank you for the info :)
That is one long sentence. It would make your posts a lot easier to understand if you used a few periods and maybe start the next sentence with a capital. :thumbup:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
naw that set wouldnt work because ob(of) the caliper it's inest(inset) inside the housing nothing to grab onto ive tried a Bolt/Screw Extractor and it to broke off in there heat im not sure will work more than likely i'll drill it out but thank you for the info

there for the better understanding,im not here to win grammer awards im old don't like to type and cannot spell on occasions.and when i get in a hurry i misspell words :thumbup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
to the original poster..Im sorry to hear you have been having trouble, I really feel that from the sounds of it that you should be able to easily fix the issues you are having and enjoy this awesome bike! they are very well built and very reliable so even though you say you got a lemon and i know it may feel overwhelming at first but hang in there and once you get a few bugs worked out you will have an awesome machine!
Can you post up a picture of the bolt that is broken off that you can't get out? I'm a mechanic and somewhat of a pro on bolt extractions...been doing it for years now and each situation is different and requires a different method to extract it.. Let me know if you can post up a few pics of what you're working with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts