Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had to replace the pads the dealer put in when they did my tires- I mentioned they forgot the shims and spacers and of course the new brakes squealed at every dang stop. I wound up putting back in the OEM I still had since they had good wear. I also felt they didn't properly push back in the pucks as the brakes felt funny- especially the rear.

I watched Mitch's videos 3 times in certain areas so I did this correctly. Now after riding a bit (felt great by the way- better than ever!) - however now I hear my rear pads dragging - even when just manually wheeling the unpowered bike around. I even put the bike up on the center stand and started it up and gave it gas so I could hear and observe the problem without a helmet and being on the bike- sure enough - this needs adjustment- question is - what can I do? Sorry- I've no service manual. (still looking)

Thanks for any tips!

·
Premium Member
8,136 Posts
this could be one of those things with brake pads being like a new girl friend she''s gonna make a lot of noise and create a little drag until you get her rubbed in all the right places enough times to smooth her down a little , if it's just noise and not performance , loosen your exhaust bolts, and enjoy the rubbin, if you have performance problems you will know it on the center stand according to the video

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Sounds like your parking brake is the issue - disconnect the mechanism (secure it safely) and see if the issue persists.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put the old pads back again for the time being so I don't think that's the rubbing problem the parking brake is an interesting thought I'll look into it.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Please tell us more John.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
John - if I may point out you did not add any clarity to this thread. I highlighted the parking brake may have needed adjustment (eliminating)and the o/p understood. Your brief post appeared contradictory.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
OK John that is clearly understood - have a read of the PM I sent you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.