Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After so many years of using the old software this new stuff is going to take a bit to get used to.:banghead:

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
Looks like you can't put your bike type in the profile anymore so if people don't add it to their signature we won't know. That could make answering questions a little harder.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I miss the 'mileage' field, too.

I'm withholding judgment on the new software, but my initial 30 minutes of experience (which includes fixing my signature) is positive.

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
I discovered the Garage section. You can put your bikes in there. They don't appear with your post though. You have to go to the garage and do a search to find out if the person has entered their bikes there. Not real user friendly so I'm not likely to use it.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
After so many years of using the old software this new stuff is going to take a bit to get used to.:banghead:
It could be steep 1 in the upgrade process, those missing fields can be reinstated at some point, members will probably have to re-enter their data.

I personally prefer to see the avatar and personal info on the right side like before.

This must have been a major software up0grade to have taken this long.

Lets be patient and communicate with the main admin that works for the owner to see if we can bring back some of those things over time.

Perhaps one of your long term admin can collect the suggestions and forward them.

At least the forum is still here...

all the best....

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
There is a Thread in the Comments, suggestions, and questions section to make suggestions.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It could be steep 1 in the upgrade process, those missing fields can be reinstated at some point, members will probably have to re-enter their data.

I personally prefer to see the avatar and personal info on the right side like before.

This must have been a major software up0grade to have taken this long.

Lets be patient and communicate with the main admin that works for the owner to see if we can bring back some of those things over time.

Perhaps one of your long term admin can collect the suggestions and forward them.

At least the forum is still here...

all the best....
I have no problem adjusting to the new format it is just taking me longer to learn the ins and outs of new things as the years pass.:lol:

I do really like all the new smileys.

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
Looks like we lost all the pictures that were in the Gallery :(. Maybe they are still in the process of getting them converted and we will get them back. :dontknow:

·
Administrator
394 Posts
Looks like you can't put your bike type in the profile anymore so if people don't add it to their signature we won't know. That could make answering questions a little harder.
I miss the 'mileage' field, too.

I'm withholding judgment on the new software, but my initial 30 minutes of experience (which includes fixing my signature) is positive.
I can get the mileage and the bike type fields in tomorrow.

Looks like we lost all the pictures that were in the Gallery :(. Maybe they are still in the process of getting them converted and we will get them back. :dontknow:
I have to double check on this.

Post up in the suggestions and comments thread in the help section. That way I don't miss anything in other threads.

We just need to work on the fine tuning a bit.

thanks,
Dwayn

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
I am having a problem in quickly determining the time of a posting. I know the time listed is GMT. I am in the Central time zone which is GMT - 5 hours. I am sure I can get used to making a calculation. I will also post this in the comments help section.

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
In the UserCP section there is an option that will let you change the time to Central Time Zone.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Sorry Buffalo....
cannot find any place in the CP section
to change Time Zone....

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
Sorry Buffalo....
cannot find any place in the CP section
to change Time Zone....
Click on UserCP then look for Settings and Options on the left. Click on Edit Options then page down until you find Date & Time Options. You change the time zone there.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I like it

I can get the mileage and the bike type fields in tomorrow.

I have to double check on this.

Post up in the suggestions and comments thread in the help section. That way I don't miss anything in other threads.

We just need to work on the fine tuning a bit.

thanks,
Dwayn
Thanks Dwayn I'll bet this change was quite a big undertaking I :salute: you for your effort.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
What was not working, why fixing?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What was not working, why fixing?
It seems the new software gives them more flexibility to add more advertisements in different areas that they couldn't do before. Check out some threads the have photos uploaded into them. :mad:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Click on UserCP then look for Settings and Options on the left. Click on Edit Options then page down until you find Date & Time Options. You change the time zone there.
Thanks Buffalo!!!! I had gone through the Options tab but not far enough!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Last night I discovered the changes.
It's odd, but just like everything else, I'll learn to navigate it and eventually get used to it.
Heck, eventually we might actually like it better! :D (it still has "the Grin")

1 - 20 of 21 Posts