Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first scooter/motorcycle two weeks ago. Couldn't ride it home, because I didn't have a license. Got one now. Haven't riden it about 20 years. As a kid only rode small bikes with my dad and brothers. Was in the process of fixing up childhood bike a Honda trail 90 - 1972 yellow, thinking about driving it back and forth to work about 9 miles each way, but before spending a lot of money on it we took it for a ride only could make 42mph. My brother was the one fixing it up that is. We are still doing anyway. Went searching for what else I could find out there. I didn't go for a regular bike, because I didn't like the cluck thing. Automatic is the way to go for street traffic. I first looked at the Honda Reflex250 was nice I liked it and almost bought it, didn't know about the Burgman400. Went searching the net, glad I didn't buy the Honda. I went with the 400 as opposed to the 650, because of the size. I am only 5'5" with a 30 inch inseam also being female I'm not quite as strong as all you men out there, 125 extra pounds does make a difference. I have put over 220 miles on it and have only riden 2 days so far, yes very hard to keep the rmps down. Cars push you to go faster. I had my license as a teenager, but gave it up long ago. Just to let you know, my brother rides a big Harley Davidson, I'm not sure how big, but it big, and we went on our first ride today to pick up the crome kit for the front faring, (I'm all girl I want it to be pretty and shinny), he help me pick it out and he had to drive it home. He on his Harley and me on my Burgman, we both felt funny and giggled on our way to the shop. Needless to say I am enjoying riding again and can go faster than 42mph on the bike(scooter) I can stop giggling.

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Welcome to the forum serrington!

Always enjoy hearing about new riders having a great time on their new Burgmans. Be careful though...you might get a smile from riding that you can't get rid of. :)

Bill

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi there Serrington and welcome to the board :wave:
Congrats on the new 400 and I think its just great that yet another new member is a female rider. Welcome back to the two wheeled world.
BTW I havent stopped giggling yet myself and I don't want to. These Burgmans garner so much attention no matter where you go. ENJOY :!:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Glade your enjoying your new 400 , but since you are a new rider just be careful your new "scoot" will do a lot faster then 42 mph. . You may want to think about joining a MSF course . Can't hurt to learn the right way :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Stromsteed

Be looking for me. I work in Davis and will be riding between the two towns starting this week. Don't wait to get one PCP Yamaha/Suzuki in Sacramento on Freeport Blvd next to Sac Exec. They have a silver one now, I bought the dark blue, it is beautiful. Got a pretty good deal and made them work for it. I got them to though in the crome trim kit for the front faring and $ off the price as well. It was a 2004 model. Good luck I couldn't find any other thoughout Sac area. I love riding it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Stormsteed, go for it. Just point out to your S.O. the savings in gas and the features that beat a non-automatic hands down. IE: can drive in traffic without thinking about shifting, more comfortable ride, can take your lunch and rain gear in the seat, and room in your glove compartment for a cell phone. Guess I'm lucky as my S.O. bought mine for my birthday. I have the 400 and have ridden it to work everyday since getting it on 4/10/04. What a joy to get up each morning to ride to work. :p

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I'm with ya 100%, Serrington. I'm a woman, too, 5' 7" with 31" inseam, and the extra weight of the 650 would simply be too much for me to handle. The weight of my Burg 400 presents enough challenge.

Congrats on choosing the Burg 400. Did you notice that there is almost no wheelbase, height, or weight (or price) difference between the 400 and the Honda Reflex? And with the 400 we get all that extra 'zip'!

Welcome to the group. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Best,
Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts