Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used Burgman today and it has the stock windscreen. It looks a bit low for a 6 footer like me. Any of you have any experience in this area? I understand that Givi makes a bigger one and Laminar makes some kind of add-on to divert the airflow. Has anyone bought either of these items?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Windscreens

Most of us are going the Givi route here.. I just got mine delivered, and I'll install it when the snows gone. I rode all last year with the stock screen. NO GOOD you get nailed by bugs. Last June I removed the screen and attached wings to the sides to give me more hand & shoulder protection....that worked good but the bugs still came over the top. The Givi solves all these things.

·
Registered
29 Posts
:) Have a XL Clearview on order should ship on or near the 14th of this
month.I beleave it is a larger wind screen than the Givi. Looking forward
to getting it installed.

·
Registered
857 Posts
just got my Clearview XL

Look at the discussion thread at:
http://burgmanusa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=340

including photos comparing the stock shield to the Clearview XL.
So far, I like it except for the excessive back pressure at speeds above 80. It probably is unbearable above 90, but perhaps this'll keep me from going that fast.

The Clearview is pretty good, but it would be great to see if anyone has tried both the Givi and the Clearview.

Contact me if you have any other questions I can answer. The install was fairly easy.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I have a friend who has a GIVI on his 650. He recently received his Clearview and tried it. He said he likes the GIVI but it is not high enough for his preference. He returned his XL Clearview and asked them to make him a taller one. The two WSs are about the same height, but he said the Clearview did not flex as much as the GIVI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts