Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Fiberglass is SOOOOO easy.

Cut, spread, add in your change, re-bond, sand smooth and repaint.

View attachment 91790 View attachment 91791
Here's a picture of my last adventure into the wonderful and itchy world of glass....

Beechu  front.jpg Beechu rear.jpg

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Administrator
18,902 Posts
In that long ago LSR forum (really a BB Chat room) the average answer was forego miniscule amounts of aero savings and go open wheel. The non-steer wheels they shrouded when they could.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
that's pretty much what I am seeing as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Wow... if nothing more, he would be a heck of a source for information!!! Thanks...
I've been in contact with Craig and he is amazing! He all ready given me quite a few ideas and pointers, especially in aerodynamics. As such, I have proposed a trike that is only 13.75 feet long (losing 15 inches from the other proposal), 38 inches tall (two inches lower) and 45 inches wide (three inches wider).

The front tires would be 10 inched Classic Mini rims and tires (Yokohama 008's) which would allow me to enclose the tires within the body.
I have attached a diagram showing his suggestions including enclosing the tires and minimizing the frontal area. I went to VW and got measurements / specs of their early nineties One Liter (L1 concept car ) that achieved amazing fuel mileage. I've also got fuel down to 64 gallons (425 lbs) and that is only using 40 mpg.

021 Alfa 165 L1 with basics and low and middle and top frame 09-23-2020.jpg

·
Administrator
18,902 Posts
I thought Craig would help. He is such a nice guy.

Reactions: Rusty J
81 - 85 of 85 Posts