Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are having problems removing stickers and other gunky stuff try Bombardier Lube (anticorrosive lubricant) Bombardier Lube I will try it to remove the labels from my 650A when I take possession of the new bike. I did a test run on a super sticky label and the lube removed the label easily. Use the lube sparingly as you have to clean it afterwards. Spray the lube on and soak it for 5 minutes and remove label. I used Fantastic for the cleanup.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WD-40 is a lubricant used for general purposes, Bombardier lube is a lubricant used for marine applications. The two lubes are made of different properties. If you use WD-40 and it is subject to water you will notice that the WD-40 dissipates quickly on a rainy day. I had been using WD-40 to clean my muffler I will not switch to Bombardier lube as it will withstand water and should last longer than the WD-40. This may not be an issue in south Texas but it is on the wet west coast. As far as the gunky removal issue, I find that the Bombardier lube appeared to be more effect for removing labels. :)

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
How well does it work on the center stand as a lube that won't wash off?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
lilleyen said:
How well does it work on the center stand as a lube that won't wash off?
Good question. I haven't found anything that works on that centerstand for very long. I have tried 3-in-1 oil, WD-40, Silicon spray, chain lube. What they need to do is provide grease fittings for it. Without that, nothing penetrates well enough to properly lube it.

·
Registered
553 Posts
alburg said:
If you are having problems removing stickers and other gunky stuff try Bombardier Lube (anticorrosive lubricant) Bombardier Lube I will try it to remove the labels from my 650A when I take possession of the new bike. I did a test run on a super sticky label and the lube removed the label easily. Use the lube sparingly as you have to clean it afterwards. Spray the lube on and soak it for 5 minutes and remove label. I used Fantastic for the cleanup.
I use a product called DK5 that is made for the removal of adhesive residue. It says
CLEANING
AGENT
for the removal of
Adhesive Residue
from spray and fix
202. 404. 505

My wife got this at Bee's Sew Inn in Tulsa. (a big sewing store) $7.99
I can vouch that it works fantanstic for removing labels. I don't know where else you can find it or if you can find it cheaper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts