Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 suzuki burgman AN400 scooter has been bogging out really bad and suddenly loosing all power , only to gain power back and jerking forward...Also has been stalling at stops...

·
Registered
713 Posts
Read that back to yourself fella and then think what will a load of strangers think of that statement.
Try and explain it a bit more. When did this start? What had you done to the bike before hand if anything. Is it serviced if so when. Think you might get the general idea.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My WAG. Sounds like it’s running too lean, and starving for gasoline. If, so, it should almost stay running at a stop and die when you open the throttle?
If no difference from throttle, then more likely ignition related

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
My 2005 suzuki burgman AN400 scooter has been bogging out really bad and suddenly loosing all power , only to gain power back and jerking forward...Also has been stalling at stops...
Read that back to yourself fella and then think what will a load of strangers think of that statement.
Try and explain it a bit more. When did this start? What had you done to the bike before hand if anything. Is it serviced if so when. Think you might get the general idea.
@maccecht
An emphatic yes on what you said. As a life long maintenance guy, making an accurate diagnosis is crucial. That said an accurate diagnosis is usually only made by knowing all of the factors. I hope the OP can get an answer to his question but all people asking for technical advice should take extra care to present all of or at least enough observations as possible to make a suggestion. There are many experts (and I say that sincerely) on this forum that gladly share what they know but they have to have enough info to make a decision.

·
Premium Member
8,029 Posts
and don't forget the important stuff, what kinda refreshin beverages are around, is there any pretty wimmins to oggle, any camping features in your yard , like, a Mother in law house. you know, important stuff!

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
and don't forget the important stuff, what kinda refreshin beverages are around, is there any pretty wimmins to oggle, any camping features in your yard , like, a Mother in law house. you know, important stuff!
Precisely. The good stuff. 🍺

1 - 6 of 6 Posts