Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Back in December (2020) my Burgman 400 2013 lost power while moving and turned off. It would then not fire back up, sounded like it was trying but it just didn't crank over. This was in wet conditions.

Assumed I just had a lack of spark so decided to take it to the closest garage possible which I had used oncee before. (not an official suzuki dealership).
Had another bike to commute on so wasn't a priority job.

The mechanic got the fault code Ignition Coil A Circuit Malfuncition.
Three months later I get an update, the issue was isolated down to a wire connecting the CDI to the ignition coil so he's run a wire from the CDI to the rear. This solved the issue and it started fine and right back up on the bench (hooray..i thought).

After putting the panels back on, he test rode it and said it would bog as soon as heavier throttle was applied and slight misfire.

Today we're two months later (month 4) I've just gone to see it and it starts but runs horribly, it takes off but bogs instantly, misfires and slows itself right down to a walking pace while misfiring. It was a very disheartening sight after being without it for nearly 5 months.

Had anyone got any advice, suggestions or personal stories that could benefit me at all?

Thanks for reading and I appreciate all of your comments!

History
__

Had a recent service, 14500 miles, started on the button since i purchased it (6 months before), kept outside and used 6\7 days a week, there was no general maintenance outstanding.

Premium Member
Now THAT"S a good write up!, Wish I had an answer, No codes now? No Fault Indicator? I'm thinkin fuel related. (swmbo jus told me to stop)

Registered
As MM does sound like a fuel issue. Does it prime ok when ignition turned on? Pull the injector and use a bit of blue paper to determine if it is spraying fuel. To do this you need to crank the engine over whilst pointing the injector at the paper towel. You may need an assistant. Check the spark is good as well. Pull the spark plug put the plug cap on the spark plug ground the plug body on the engine and crank it over you should get a steady fat spark everytime the engine hits TDC.

Registered
Back in December (2020) my Burgman 400 2013 lost power while moving and turned off. It would then not fire back up, sounded like it was trying but it just didn't crank over. This was in wet conditions.

Assumed I just had a lack of spark so decided to take it to the closest garage possible which I had used oncee before. (not an official suzuki dealership).
Had another bike to commute on so wasn't a priority job.

The mechanic got the fault code Ignition Coil A Circuit Malfuncition.
Three months later I get an update, the issue was isolated down to a wire connecting the CDI to the ignition coil so he's run a wire from the CDI to the rear. This solved the issue and it started fine and right back up on the bench (hooray..i thought).

After putting the panels back on, he test rode it and said it would bog as soon as heavier throttle was applied and slight misfire.

Today we're two months later (month 4) I've just gone to see it and it starts but runs horribly, it takes off but bogs instantly, misfires and slows itself right down to a walking pace while misfiring. It was a very disheartening sight after being without it for nearly 5 months.

Had anyone got any advice, suggestions or personal stories that could benefit me at all?

Thanks for reading and I appreciate all of your comments!

History
__

Had a recent service, 14500 miles, started on the button since i purchased it (6 months before), kept outside and used 6\7 days a week, there was no general maintenance outstanding.
This sounds a lot like the clogged internal filter on the pressure regulator housing. I just checked partzilla, 2013 uses the same housing (#4 on the diagram) going back to 2007. I ran into this on my 2008 at 17,000 miles. My bike would not accelerate past 40. Read this: Burgman 400 Inline Fuel Filter Mod / Fix

1 - 4 of 4 Posts