Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm new to Burgmans and here on the site so my question is where can I find replacement body clips ? The 2006 400 Burgman I just bought has several missing, does anybody make a kit with all new clips ? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,138 Posts
welcome to the forum, great question, the pushpins, plastic ones I have seen all over but the metal clips , no Ideas sorry

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Is this what you are talking about? Push Pin Rivet?

If so the center needs to be pushed in to remove them. You insert them in the hole and push down on the pin to secure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/35-Pcs-Bolt-Pus ... 3f176468ff

Welcome to the site. Where are you located in the world?

Add it to your profile you may be one of m y neighbors. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,138 Posts
your clipped nuts look like they have been boxed and drilled :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
mikeyMarine said:
your clipped nuts look like they have been boxed and drilled :shock: :lol:
AND She said, "Go ahead and do whatever you want..!!!" BUT - not before I.....................................................!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,787 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok been a while since I asked my question ( without doing a search first! SORRY ) anyway just thought I would touch base and let all know what I found. Advance auto has Doorman push pins 4.99 for 15 sure beats what Suzuki wants, they work nice . I had to replace over half of the pins in the burgman I bought, many were missing and a bunch were broken, the 5/16 size works well for most of the spots on the 400's plastic. The 1/4 ones will work for the smaller size ones but you will have to grind the heads down some, I used the trusty Dremal tool with a sanding drum didn't take just a second and they look good and fit well. Now the ones under the bottom that hold the bottom cover on and go into the frame I got the 1/4 inch ones to work here but they are almost larger than the hole and also longer than they need to be, a little work and they work, beat nothing. Been riding almost every day and havn't lost any so far.

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
The bright side is maybe the last owner lost the pins by doing a lot of good maintenance. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Chet_Benson said:
The bright side is maybe the last owner lost the pins by doing a lot of good maintenance. :thumbup:
maybe........or they just fell - out............ :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts