Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was reading on Europe scoot site that BMW in Europe offering 1200 Euro = approx. $1800.00 incentive to be applied on new scoot purchase or additional accessories for new scoot.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Guess that means they are way over priced!

·
Registered
341 Posts
That's like the ads for trucks down here (probably everywhere). When they can offer $6,000 off the msrp....... um, that's more OFF a new truck than both my Burgman and 1980 F-150 cost me combined.
It's beyond my pay-scale....

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was in the BMW dealer in FT. Worth, Texas and they do post the list price on their bikes. It had the bike list price, with the factory options listed, and the freight charge on the factory sticker. Then below that the state sales taxes and the state license fees were added to the bottom of the factory sticker, which was the selling price. Now at the bottom of all of that was a large sale sticker that said this scooter has a $2001.00 discount and rebate price and the discount was taken from the bottom price. This does tell me that BMW is discounting their scooters in a big way, but I still don't want one.

John

·
Registered
709 Posts
Too many companies deep in overhead and living in the red, they are almost throwing product at you these days to get sales... They need to lower their overhead and supply a quality product and stand firm by their prices.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Too many companies deep in overhead and living in the red, they are almost throwing product at you these days to get sales... They need to lower their overhead and supply a quality product and stand firm by their prices.
Or

Maybe BMW did lower their overhead (E.g. having Kymco build the engines) and instead of passing some of the savings to the buyer via a lower list price, they tried to pocket a higher profit margin. Can't blame them for trying to maximize profit, but the market is telling them something.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Or

Maybe BMW did lower their overhead (E.g. having Kymco build the engines) and instead of passing some of the savings to the buyer via a lower list price, they tried to pocket a higher profit margin. Can't blame them for trying to maximize profit, but the market is telling them something.
Dead right jeff.....almost £11,000 here in UK for a 'Kymco with a round blue & white badge'!

I've read in the motorcycling press that they manufacture decent engines, but for me......I WON'T be buying!

just my opinion !

·
Registered
220 Posts
The only companies that are broke and have no cash are companies that are miss-run, or have a products that is out of date and have been updated by other manufactures. Many companies have so much cash on hand they don't know where to spend it.

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts