Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in Canada or overseas ridden or purchased the BMW enclosed Scooter. They look appealing but at 150 or 200cc may be underpowered. With a roof and wiper they look to be driveable almost all year long. Any comments?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Roger, I fear that they wil still be underpowered even with the new 175cc engine - they really need to fit at least a 250 if not a 400. My advice is to wait until they do.

Best of luck.

Lycheed

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
As you know you loose power with just a windshield , now add a top and I think they will be underpowered also.
Looks like it may make a nice "wind" scooter .
I would wait before I bought one even if BMW makes it.. (I happen to like BMW'S) :)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Back to the Future.

It was a totally different approach that started to bring BMW back on its feet. In 1955, the Isetta 250 was launched and participated very successfully in the mini-car era of the 1950's. It was built under license from the Italian manufacturer Iso and used a motorcycle engine and a single door at the front. The engine was a single cylinder 245cc unit producing 12 horsepower at 5800 rpm and a top speed of 53 mph (85 km/h). During its 7 year production run a total of 161,728 Isettas were built.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Roger Buente said:
Has anyone in Canada or overseas ridden or purchased the BMW enclosed Scooter. They look appealing but at 150 or 200cc may be underpowered. With a roof and wiper they look to be driveable almost all year long. Any comments?
I made a short test drive on the 200cc model. Sitting in this scooter, I immediately had the sense of increased security. Acceleration was miserable. As the test drive was on local roads, I could not determine the top speed. My conclusion: nice concept, but seriously underpowered. I would trust not driving the C200 on the highway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts