Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who is interested in the cloned version of the C1 (like the one in "Doug and Margarets Scootercade 2004" pictures in the Gallery).
Does anyone have a link to the manufacturer or a name?
Thanks,
Don

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
If this had some type of sides, I could see it would be good for riding in the rain or in the winter but, with just that tiny top, what's the purpose ?

·
Registered
925 Posts
JerseyBiker said:
If this had some type of sides, I could see it would be good for riding in the rain or in the winter but, with just that tiny top, what's the purpose ?
Have you ever seen one in person? It's actually quite a large machine. Not as big as a Burger, but still alot of room, and the top covers the rider quite nicely. They also have a 250cc out that you can get with a trike kit or a sidecar.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
The same guy that brought the Velux to Scootercade also brought a BMW C2. "Clone" isn't really appropriate. There were vast differences in quality and design, and of course cost. About the only thing they had in common was that they both had a roof, but even that was different. Foldable on the Velux and fixed on the BMW. Both scoots drew a lot of attention though. My understanding is that there are several true Chinese clones of the Velux - but who cloned who is not clear. And there are minor differences between the clones according to one article I read. For instance one had a speedometer that only read in km/hr.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
JD said:
Have you ever seen one in person? It's actually quite a large machine. Not as big as a Burger, but still alot of room, and the top covers the rider quite nicely. They also have a 250cc out that you can get with a trike kit or a sidecar.
I saw the BMW at Americade and, there's no way that top is going to keep rain off the rider. A couple of plastic side curtains and maybe you'd have something.

I guess you could always go with something like this. http://www.btbookings.com.au/scootercar.htm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts