Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased two helmets with built in bluetooth units, and am looking for portable fm radio/mp3 players that can connect to the bluetooth. I searched the archives but couldnt find any links.
Does anyone make such a radio?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
LeDude = Do you use it with just an mp3 player or with your phone. If you use it with your phone can you still send and receive calls.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
LeDude = Do you use it with just an mp3 player or with your phone. If you use it with your phone can you still send and receive calls.
it will work with any device that has a 3.5 mm jack, I have used it with multiple mp3 players, phones, laptops, etc.... very dependable product with a nice battery life of upwards of 10 hours of continuous use, charges very quickly too.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I have never found a good mp3 player with FM that works worth a flip. :confused:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
i've just bought LeDude's suggestion, will report in a few days how/if does work paired with a smartphone with radio through a sena bluetooth headset.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently purchased two helmets with built in bluetooth units, and am looking for portable fm radio/mp3 players that can connect to the bluetooth. I searched the archives but couldnt find any links.
Does anyone make such a radio?
I have a boss rebel 500 watt only issue is once I hit 70 above you can't hear squat so the top best I've seen this year is the Boss MC470B about 115$ or better it is a 1000 watt Bluetooth so basically you can pick your own music from things like I heart radio ect .. Try it an see also headphones is a very bad idea so I don't recommend it an you are correct the headphones are illegal to use in certain states so I would never recommend those at all.. P.S I have the 07 AN 400cc an have done 90mph tops don't know how but have been.. Safe riding hope this helps

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Welcome Chucky 35, Stop in at New Member Introduction and tell us about yourself, where your from and what bikes you ride..... and what’s your favorite songs 😃

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The best way IMHO to do this is to have in-helmet Bluetooth speakers and wear earplugs. This means the helmet speakers have to be LOUD, but most of them are.

The cheap way to do it is a set of UClear helmet speakers and a cheap Bluetooth receiver like this. (I used a different device that's basically the same thing.)
The drawback is that you have to figure out how to get the receiver to fit inside your helmet since the microphone is on it. And once it's in there, you need to be able to reach the power button to turn it on or off. You'll probably do volume control from the phone rather than the device. Voice quality will be... not good (doesn't filter wind noise).

On the other hand, all-up it's about half the cost of a purpose-built comm unit. If you're only going to be using it to listen to music or navigation, it's good enough. The battery life at full volume (you'll need full volume if you're wearing earplugs -- and you really should) isn't great. But they're cheap enough to buy two adapters, charging one from the bike while you're using the other. Swap between them at fuel stops.

You can go really cheap and get a cheap set of headphones, cut the headband, and use double-sided foam tape to stick the speakers into the helmet. I recommend this only if you have no budget whatsoever, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts