Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I now have a new "baby" in my garage. Blue B400 2005. I've been lurking here in the BUSA forum for a while. I decided on the 400 after seeing so many great reviews from the folks who are riding the 400...
The nice thing is that my neighbor decided to also get a B400. We have a pair of twins. Both Blue..
The purchase went very easy with the shop ordering in both bikes , we even scored a couple of "free" 3/4 helmets with the deal. Since neither my neighbor, Gene, or I have ridden except to take the MSF course in Newark, CA the saleman offered to deliver both bikes to our houses. How sweet that was. I did my first five miles going around the block about six times.. I now have 25 miles and love every minute of the riding..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congrats on the new Burgman!! I too have a 05 Blue 400. I love it. I do not have a whole lot of spare time to ride but when I get a chance I take it out for a spin. I have 240 miles on it now. You will grow to love it more and more every time you ride it. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Welcome to the family to you & your neighbor. Watch out for bugs in the teeth. :D You're gonna have fun, so scooter safe. Have only 848 miles on mine since June 18th.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Bill

Congratulations on your purchase - painful isn't it? (the grinning :D )!

Look forward to hearing more from you (AND your neighbour) in the days ahead.

Have fun and keep up the practice to learn the capabilities of you new ride. :)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Bill :wave: and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new ride and welcomed to the 2 wheeled world. Take it slow and ride safe!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome. The mileage will accumulate quickly enough - lol. I just started riding the beginning of July and already have mine in for its initial service - a couple of hundred miles over the recommended limit - but my dealer said not a problem for a little leeway.

I have the 400S - I love it and the dealer could barely pry the key out of my hand to take it in for servicing - lol - but today its coming home. I would recommend practice, practice and then practice again at slow speeds - nothing helps you know your bike like slow speed maneouvers (which advice you will get from the many experienced members here) - when you can do a sharp right or left turn or a u-turn while at essentially coast speed - it makes turns in normal traffic situations seem like a piece of cake. And at some point you will hit construction zones or other traffic situations that will you make you thank your deity for all those hours you've spent learning to balance and handle your scooter at a crawl - I can tell you that already from my limited experience.

But the pot of gold at the end of all the grunt work is the fun :lol: Because its not just traffic and hazards - its also beautiful twisty country roads, scenic routes along the crest of an escarpment, or finding a little a roller coaster of road that leaves you grinning from ear to ear.

So work hard - keep safe - and have fun.

Patti

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome from another South Bay denizen! I've been using my 400 to commute to work for a couple of months now - what a blast! Except My speedometer just quit working last week ... :cry: forced me to mount my GPS receiver so I can keep track of my speed.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Alan - have you had the front wheel off (well prior to the speedo failure)?

·
Registered
287 Posts
NormanB said:
Alan - have you had the front wheel off (well prior to the speedo failure)?
Nope; it just quit suddenly - I had made a left turn and when I looked at the dash about a half block later it said I was stationary! Mounted the GPS that evening, and I'm waiting to hear from the local dealer on an appointment to get it fixed. I had entertained the thought of fixing it myself, but I really don't have the time to do it, considering I have never pulled a front wheel off a motorcycle before. When it comes to something that I'm depending on to keep me away from the ground I don't mind paying professionals!

I just hope I'm not doing more damage by continuing to drive it...

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Alan_Hepburn said:
[snipped]
I just hope I'm not doing more damage by continuing to drive it...
Alan, I doubt if you are causing any more damage. I have heard of these failures before but normally post maintenance - they are fiddly/fragile and prone to damage.

Hope it is not to many $$$$ to rectify.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts