Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the black square piece of plastic is that came with the manual?
It seems to be a cover or something but can't find where it goes. Also, any advice on how often to change final gear oil. I'm putting 1000 miles a month on my 2012 burgman 400.

I'm loving this bike and eager to do my own maintenance any advice would be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Marcus
 

·
I'm Retired
Joined
·
9,364 Posts
Supposedly, it fits under your battery to help remove it.

It would make a decent frisbee too. ;)

Chris
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,145 Posts
hi and welcome to the forum, the official use for that black plastic is sort of yet to be determined but it's really something to bite down on and relieve the burgman grin muscles when yhou are not riding, your friends will think yhou look strange with it hanging out of your mouth for a few days :roll: ,,,,, but they'll get used to it :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,933 Posts
Keeps the kick stand from digging in the dirt? :roll: :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,516 Posts
circusboring said:
Does anyone know what the black square piece of plastic is that came with the manual?

Ah...maybe a picture might help us guess what it is..... :?:
 

·
I'm Retired
Joined
·
9,364 Posts
Daboo said:
Supposedly, it fits under your battery to help remove it.

It would make a decent frisbee too. ;)

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts
Daboo is correct - it was under my battery so it made it much easier to pull out the battery when it died on me and I needed to remove it in order to replace it (the battery).

But it was a little tricky (for me) to set the plastic under the battery to push the battery back into the small opening where it goes. Evenutally, I was able to do it. Of course, my right hand is screwed up so it doesn't work very well these days. But I wanted to leave the plastic piece under the batter for next time.

I think that what happens is that whoever puts the battery (or scooter) together before it's sold, finds this plastic piece in the glove box and doesn't know what to do with it or where it goes, so they just leave it loose in the glove box or under the seat - instead of putting it under the battery where it belongs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,835 Posts
for my 400 the final drive gets changed at 7,000 mile intervals.
I probably change it every other belt-dust-cleaning episode, which is about 2-3000 miles presently. Final drive uses only a couple ounces, so I use synthetic and change more often than prescribed. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,886 Posts
mike1nw said:
for my 400 the final drive gets changed at 7,000 mile intervals.
I probably change it every other belt-dust-cleaning episode, which is about 2-3000 miles presently. Final drive uses only a couple ounces, so I use synthetic and change more often than prescribed. :)
???????
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,145 Posts
InfernoST said:
mike1nw said:
for my 400 the final drive gets changed at 7,000 mile intervals.
I probably change it every other belt-dust-cleaning episode, which is about 2-3000 miles presently. Final drive uses only a couple ounces, so I use synthetic and change more often than prescribed. :)
???????

he's been cutting up his sinus medicine on that black plastic piece :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
Daboo said:
Supposedly, it fits under your battery to help remove it.

It would make a decent frisbee too. ;)

Chris
I use that pice of plastic as a book mark when using the manual.!!! THAT.is what it is for........ :lol: :lol:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top