Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in touch with Aerostich in St. Paul, MN and went ahead and ordered a Roadcrafter one piece..
http://www.aerostich.com/roadcrafter-on ... -suit.html

The are sending one to me... I indicate needed alterations to that one, I send it back, then they basically custom make a suit for you... I ordered one in Hi Vis yellow.. I suspect that when it gets hot, I will be using my mesh pants with mesh jacket, but for cool spring & summer.. this will be it..

·
Registered
368 Posts
Re: Bit the bullet on an Aerostich 1 piece.. spent way too m

Noth, congratulations on your purchase of an Aerostich suit. You will love it! I bought a two piece Roadcrafter about 19 or 20 yrs ago and I still wear it. Of course, they did not offer the Hi Viz color back then so I bought the next best color - bright red.

My original jacket has gotten sort faded and beat up so I ordered another one in the same color about 8 yrs ago or so. I like the two piece suit because you can wear the jacket only if you are making a quick trip someplace and only want to wear your jeans or other riding pants (I have Draggin' Jeans too).

Once it's broken in, you'll probably get rid of your other jackets & pants like I did. :)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I have heard nothing bur great things about them.. I can't waitfrankly.. and probably time for a garage sale of some really great stuff

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts

Do they stay waterproof for years? Or do you have to get a rainsuit at some time in the future?

Chris

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Daboo said:
Do they stay waterproof for years? Or do you have to get a rainsuit at some time in the future?

Chris
Everything I have heard says that yes they do stay waterproof.. The company claims to stand behind them... I haven't heard about anyone not using one for a very very long time..

·
Registered
368 Posts

Yes, they stay waterproof. I've had mine for 20 yrs and it has never leaked. And I've ridden in heavy rain and in light rain.

I wash mine periodically. I used to use Scotchguard on my Roadcrafter but now I use the Nikwax/Nikwash waterproofing stuff which works very well to retain the waterproofness.

Some riders report that they've experienced leaks but my pants and two jackets have never leaked. I don't own a rainsuit at all - no need for one as far as I'm concerned unless you live in sunny Seattle!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

It arrived.. I ordered a short because I have an inseam of 30" and the inseam on Regular id 26" and on short 34".. well it turns out that the term "short" refers to the torso.. and when I put it on.. I started talking in a very high voice.. so back to the drawing board.. Today they told me that it takes an average of 3 returns to fit one.. so no surprise there.. Nice quality though... I'm in no rush.. Bike is in storage.. next the correct torso length arrives with really long legs.. Then I indicate hw much shorter it has to be and then they do a custom alteration on that.. Getting one of these things is a big deal.. They are very helpful at the factory..It would be great to go there and get it done in one sitting..

·
Registered
368 Posts

Noth, wow! I just realized after reading your post. I had it easy by buying the two piece Roadcrafter - I bought the jacket in my standard suit jacket size - easy. But I am a short guy with short legs and therefore my pants did need alteration.

And the first pair of pants did not fit right. I called the Rider Wearhouse and told the guy how these pants were fitting and he must have written down notes because the next pair fit me perfectly. BTW, the pants had to be altered slightly due to my short legs. Their customer service is really excellent!

I would have preferred to ride there to get fitted but at that time I was still working and I could not get time off - bummer.

And I just figured it out - I've had my Roadcrafter for 21 yrs! My 2nd jacket about 8 yrs.

·
Registered
280 Posts

Noth said:
It arrived.. I ordered a short because I have an inseam of 30" and the inseam on Regular id 26" and on short 34".. well it turns out that the term "short" refers to the torso.. and when I put it on.. I started talking in a very high voice.. so back to the drawing board.. Today they told me that it takes an average of 3 returns to fit one.. so no surprise there.. Nice quality though... I'm in no rush.. Bike is in storage.. next the correct torso length arrives with really long legs.. Then I indicate hw much shorter it has to be and then they do a custom alteration on that.. Getting one of these things is a big deal.. They are very helpful at the factory..It would be great to go there and get it done in one sitting..
Why dont they just ask the right questions when you first order or they just have plenty of time to kill in the winter months carrying out alterations, the suits must be expensive to start with heheheLOL

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Muse said:
Noth said:
Why dont they just ask the right questions when you first order or they just have plenty of time to kill in the winter months carrying out alterations, the suits must be expensive to start with heheheLOL
They ask the questions, but the answers are not always dependable or correct.. I spoke with them yesterday.. and new suit is on the way, the legs will have to be shortened.. They do it that way.. so it will be exactly what you want, I guess.. I told them that the legs (standard is a 36" inseam) will be way too long (my inseam is 30").. so they focus on different areas one by one..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts