Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this elsewhere, but then, thought people might enjoy it here as well:

My friend "Bob" and I were riding our bikes across the central valley in the early 1970s. There were clouds of black birds flying around. I was following behind Bob when, I saw a black bird swoop down onto his helmet.

I saw the impact jerk his head back an inch, a cloud of feather and a red mist blew around his head.

Bob slowed his battered Honda 350 4 cyl and pulled off the shoulder.
I pulled up next to him on my Orange 72 Honda 450 twin.

I saw the black birds beak perfectly impaled on Bob's face shield. (just like a cartoon or something) Bob flipped his face shield up, the bird flopped over the top of his helmet. He exclaimed "I couldn't see there for a minute!. I laughed a bit at the sight and told him that he did great getting off the road.
He replied "Yeah, loosing your vision all of a sudden, all I could do is slow it down real carefully" You did great Bob.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Birds suck. The crow that I hit just pretty much exploded on impact. Your friend was lucky to say the least.

·
Registered
270 Posts
:evil: And I thought I had problems the other day when a bird craped on my brand new Corbin seat. :roll:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
doug collins said:
:evil: And I thought I had problems the other day when a bird craped on my brand new Corbin seat. :roll:
Geeze! With all the cats you have Doug, that had to be a sneak attack! Or maybe it wasn't at home.

Got a young Siamese Lynx Point (maybe 4 or 5 months old) staying with us right now. She showed up in the yard last Wednesday afternoon and I let her in about 9 pm - it was getting cold out. I filed a "found cat" report at the Humane Society, but if nobody claims her within 30 days I guess she owns us... err... we own her. She is smart, clean, and full of the devil - its been kind of fun having her around.

·
Registered
270 Posts
pauljo said:
doug collins said:
Geeze! With all the cats you have Doug, that had to be a sneak attack! Or maybe it wasn't at home.

Got a young Siamese Lynx Point (maybe 4 or 5 months old) staying with us right now. She showed up in the yard last Wednesday afternoon and I let her in about 9 pm - it was getting cold out. I filed a "found cat" report at the Humane Society, but if nobody claims her within 30 days I guess she owns us... err... we own her. She is smart, clean, and full of the devil - its been kind of fun having her around.
You were right on both counts. I wasn't home, I was at work. And they did sneak attack my Corbin. While I was in the warehouse. I'm glad I carry a can of that honda cleaner around with me. Or esle I'd been really Mad. :evil: I knew paul jo you had a heart in there somewhere. Congrations on you new master of the house. :p That's how we've ended up with 2 out of 4 of are cats. They just show up on your door step. And all of a sudden they are the boss. And your doing what they want done. Indenpent little rascals they are. Wait till you start finding little foot prints on your scoot. :p Cats love Burgmans. :p We got more than one scooter cat around here. :roll: Goodluck with the kittey. 8)

·
Registered
925 Posts
Cats on the Burgman...I couldn't stand it. I think when I get mine, it's going inside the basement. :wink:

·
Registered
925 Posts
bwdbrn1 said:
I think when I get mine, it's going inside the basement.
The cat, or the Burgman? :p
The Burgman of course. My dog already took care of the cat problem
a few years ago :twisted:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts