Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Premium Member
someone hasn't done their homework, this is not a "First" for mosquitos, and the idea/technology was used on Florida screwflies when i was , well, much younger.

Registered
The article acknowledges that:

"This is not the first time that these mosquitoes are being released into the environment," he said. "This is just showing that it works as well in Florida as it has in other places."

Super Moderator
What could go wrong?
<Florida Galknipper Mosquito - Actual size>
1619731577928.png

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

Premium Member
Are Screw Flies and Love Bugs the same?
I always thought it was Shoo Fly ....

Screw Flies are a fly that lay their eggs in living flesh (cows ) and their larva proceed to grow and eat the flesh till they mature as part of their life cycle they made big infected holes in the beef cattle here, so we wiped them out , originally from south america, dunno why they haven't come back.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Screw Flies are a fly that lay their eggs in living flesh (cows ) and their larva proceed to grow and eat the flesh till they mature as part of their life cycle they made big infected holes in the beef cattle here, so we wiped them out , originally from south america, dunno why they haven't come back.
Yike鈥檚 ....
reminds me of the time as a young kid fishing at a farmers pond when the farmer stopped and asked me for some help.
I was flattered and excited because most times he would just give a wave as he鈥檇 pass from one job to the next.

He needed help with his small flock of sheep....
He said all I had to do was hold the wooly critter after he caught it.

He catches the first one .....and I hold it.
He then takes this old antique looking tool called shears and begins to cut the wool down to the skin
but the skin was moving ... Fly Larvae....Maggots !

I鈥檓 going to end this here ...that was 50 years ago and it still upsets my stomach when I think about it.

God Bless the Farmer !

Administrator
Yike鈥檚 ....
reminds me of the time as a young kid fishing at a farmers pond when the farmer stopped and asked me for some help.
I was flattered and excited because most times he would just give a wave as he鈥檇 pass from one job to the next.

He needed help with his small flock of sheep....
He said all I had to do was hold the wooly critter after he caught it.

He catches the first one .....and I hold it.
He then takes this old antique looking tool called shears and begins to cut the wool down to the skin
but the skin was moving ... Fly Larvae....Maggots !

I鈥檓 going to end this here ...that was 50 years ago and it still upsets my stomach when I think about it.

God Bless the Farmer !
When sheering sheep it is common to have mold, maggots and other bugs in the fleece. The fleece is cleaned and bleached before it is spun into wool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts