Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 650 Burgman mainly because of my back and legs are giving me a health problem. I'm 65 and Mom ain't far behind me. She too has her bike license. We are coming down from larger two wheel bikes.
I really feel like I should trike this scooter cause my feet are not flat on the ground and mom doesn't feel secure. We are neither one ready to stay off bikes. Now that I'm on a fixed income I don't think I can afford the conventional trike kits with reverse and all the goodies. I just need a little help with stability. But as soon as I talk voyger kit, I hear some negativity as far as safety. I would like some more Info from someone that has actual experience with this combination. Can anybody help? thanks

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome to the forum, where are you from? Sorry can't answer the trike question but I'm sure someone with first hand knowledge will.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
No information to help you but welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I recently purchased a 650 Burgman mainly because of my back and legs are giving me a health problem. I'm 65 and Mom ain't far behind me. She too has her bike license. We are coming down from larger two wheel bikes.
I really feel like I should trike this scooter cause my feet are not flat on the ground and mom doesn't feel secure. We are neither one ready to stay off bikes. Now that I'm on a fixed income I don't think I can afford the conventional trike kits with reverse and all the goodies. I just need a little help with stability. But as soon as I talk voyger kit, I hear some negativity as far as safety. I would like some more Info from someone that has actual experience with this combination. Can anybody help? thanks
Hellooo, hubby did have a voyger kit on a harley he used to have, but felt it was just not the stablity it should have. He now has a 650 burgman executive(2012) he is 75, love it more than any other bike he has ever owned. He has a towpac unit on it now, but it is for sale, for he is looking to swap it out for a Breeze trike unit made by Motortrike company, if interested look in the classifieds section of "towpac unit for sale. That unit is practically new. Good luck on your riding ventures.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My wife has a 400 with a tow pac kit. Very similar to the Voyager and it really rides well. When ever you read these or any forums anything negative gets a lot of publicity when all the positives are seldom mentioned. I have a Gold Wing trike and they are different to ride for sure but that said I have ridden them both and its always fun. The Tow Pac will certainly give you a more secure feeling as far as balance and legs getting a feeling of being used for a lot of years and just not as strong as they used to be. They are less costly than a full trike kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts