Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm praying that the Cumberland tragedy has not touched the lives of you, your families or friends.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good good good. Yes, I know it's north of you a bit, but you just never know. Seems there's alway's a tv on somewhere here. :(

·
Registered
925 Posts
What a tragedy. What would drive someone to do something like that? At least none of the other kids were injured.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Was it an accident or was the kid after the driver I wonder. Either way, one life gone and another ruined. :(
Not to mention several others affected. :roll:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I wonder where he got the gun from - home maybe? Bet his parents are not feeling too good right now! :shock:

'......outa my cold dead hands' - Charlton Heston when he was President of the NRA.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
May very well could have been gotten from there Norm.
I have a gun safe. Most people do not. IMO, buying a gun requires more than just that. Way more. Keeping the firearm safe and secure is very, very important. And, sadly, it doesn't get done enough.
In all situations though, the gun did not do the damage, the user that pulled the trigger did.
Proud NRA member and gun enthusiast.
Just my two bits.
Pete

PS - an edit "add/mod" .....I'd be willing to bet that I am at a bit of a disadvantage here. I doubt that our demographics would not parallel those of the pickup truck and gun rack god bless america herd. Just a (wild ass) guess that most US burgman owners are probably of a neutral or liberal slant and may not readily agree with my steadfast belief of the freedom to responsibly own firearms. I dislike legislation and "other people" telling me what I can and cannot do. I hope that this whole post gets deleted if it ends up getting smelly and pitting all of us scooter enthusiasts against one another. My life would be just as good if I didn't have my hobby locked up in my safe. I don't think I was trite though Norm. Just to the point. VR - me.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Thats OK then, but a rather trite way of looking at things.

It was not just any old user - it was a person who was not mature enough to control emotion or rage. Your logic applies well enough in most circumstances - it just fail in examples like these!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm with you 100%, Norms. 110% even. But we constitute a very small minority here in the US.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
No system is perfect they all have + & -. A teen getting hold of dad's gun in today's world with all it laws is very hard compared to getting the car keys & and a bottle yet I don't hear anyone condemning the parents when a drunk teen wipes outs a family -I don't hear a cry about locking up the keys
- and I conceder a 4000 lb. unguided missile just as bad (if not worse) then a gun.-
Yes I am pro gun, but I still try to keep an open mind and keep things in perspective, and not be told what to think by a very one sided new media .
OK. now I'll put my soapbox away. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts