Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this seat/rack bag. It looks like this bag would provide as much (more?) packing space than saddlebags. The XL fits a Burgman 650 passenger seat easily (13" x 19" wide). I especially like the 2 adjustable backrests that come with the bag.
http://www.bikersfriend.com/index.html

Don

·
Registered
925 Posts
Ooooh...Me like. :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
Nice Bag !

Amazingly practical designed and yet still a very nice looking bag. Thanks for sharing the info, Don.

Of course, for me and my wife doing two-up touring on our AN650, more traditional saddle bags and a Givi top box is the way to go. We have the earlier version of the Oxford Sport Saddlebags.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Madonna,

I have plans (once I get the 400 back) to see how viable it is to mount the VIP trunk and side boxes. I'm pretty sure I'm going to add the trunk, but haven't decided on the side boxes yet.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
It lookes like it mite be a project mounting the side bags in such a way that they could hold any weight .
But it would be one nice looking addition to any scooter.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I was looking at a site that has some Burgman with side boxes. One of the items I found very interesting was a custom topbox rack on a Burgman 250 that has space in it for a radio setup. Unless you read German, you may want to use babelfish (or other online translator) :

http://www.becker-loeschenrod.de/16872.html

·
Registered
267 Posts
It took my a while to find this thread again but I wanted to say "thanks" Don for bringing this bag to the forum. I have had this bag installed on my new 650 (along with Oxford saddle bags) for about a month now and it is really teriffic! It is well made and the back rests work very well. I did find it somewhat difficult to install on the OEM luggage rack but finally found a way to secure it well. The only concern I have had with it is that my visibility from the back is not very good with the black bag on the blue bike. It actually covers a lot of the bright red on my jacket, so I am now looking for a way to improve that.

This forum is such a wonderful resource for ideas and information and I forget to say "thanks" once in a while to all the members.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Iteresting site Billmeek, Pimp my scooter ride! Enough iron and acc's to qualify for higher insureance rates and a reduction in in horse power. cool photo'!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts