Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help !! My bike wont start. It seems like the battery is dead or fuse blown symptoms but I check both and they are ok. I check all the fuse, including the main 30amp fuse and all the fuses in the fuse box. All seems to be ok. I check the battery and it showed 12.89 v. Still i tried to do a jump start with a jumper cable, no luck either.

basically what happens is when the turning the key, i do not get any indication of life at all. No FI lights nothing....zilch. But the underseat light still comes on.

It seems something might have been disconnected somewhere...but cursary glance on the front end ....all seems to be ok. I was riding it fine in the afternoon ...and later at night...the bike just couldnt start...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The red switch on the right together with the throttle ? What do I check ? Turning it on or off u mean ? Already done that...The thing is turning the key does not indicate any sign of life. Its almost like the battery wasnt there at all except it is. Even if the kill switch is turn off, you still see the check lights coming on the panel. But in this case, there isnt.

I suppose i need to strip off the tupperware, but i just got that new paint job done, ..****

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The red switch on the right together with the throttle ? What do I check ? Turning it on or off u mean ? Already done that...The thing is turning the key does not indicate any sign of life. Its almost like the battery wasnt there at all except it is. Even if the kill switch is turn off, you still see the check lights coming on the panel. But in this case, there isnt.

I suppose i need to strip off the tupperware, but i just got that new paint job done, ..****http://burgmanusa.com/forums/images/smilies/Thin5.gif

·
Registered
828 Posts
Just for the record for those guys how always suggest the kill switch solution, "PLEASE" read the problem carefully before you answer, anywhere i go i read that reply "KILL SWITCH" "KILL SWITCH" "KILL SWITCH" "KILL SWITCH" "KILL SWITCH". you don't have to reply if you don't have any idea or real solution for the problem, it's not shame if you didn't, all what you do is just adding confusion to the problem when you suggest the **** kill switch.
By any way i don't mean to disrespect anyone, it's just me getting out of patience.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Been there and got help on this forum. Hopefully their advice will help you.

Look at your battery. On the positive terminal, their are two leads attached Follow them back until you find the first connection joint on each.. Clean these connectors Maybe even put them back together with a little di electric grease. Wiggle them and see if you get some action

I did all the other stuff until someone suggested this and it worked ( I had stripped all the body off and completely disassembled ignition switch. Took me three hours to put back together)

Why? The connection is bad but will still show the voltage passing thru. But it won't pass the amperage required to run your bike.

My 2 cents Good luck

Blakers

·
Registered
828 Posts
I agree, the bike won't start but it will "never" start if there is no electricity feed, that's the point im talking about. So the kick stand and the kill switch and the brake lever are not concerned solutions by any mean in this case.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
What about the recall that was issued for the ignition switch? I had that happen on mine where no lights or anything would turn on but the trunk light still worked. Call up your local dealer and see if your bike has had the recall done. Shouldn't cost you a dime.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Well Hussein, that and the sidestand down are the top reasons your bikes wont start. Plus forgetting to hold brakes.
You are absolutely right to suggest the Kill Switch. The OP did not state he had ruled those things out in his original post.
Kill Switch, Kick Stand AND Holding a Brake Lever. That's all part of the Troubleshooting Checklist and as far as I know doesn't cost a dime to double check.

Had the OP written "Bike won't start" Kill switch on, side kickstand up, brake lever held, ignition switch turned on and no power to the headlights or dashboard, nothing not even dim lights. Although, when the trunk was opened in order to check the fuses the trunk light worked fine, so there is some power.

·
Registered
828 Posts
AGAIN?? THE KILL SWITCH?? THE KICK STAND?? BRAKE LEVER?? YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT??
so from now on every one should spend three lines of typing to confirm these three things and then mention the problem, which was what? let me copy the important part! ""basically what happens is when the turning the key, i do not get any indication of life at all. No FI lights nothing....zilch. But the underseat light still comes on.""".

Oh!! It's easy, check the kill switch or the kick stand, you may forgot one of them active. Drive safe.

Guys!! Im losing my mind PLEASE!!

·
Registered
828 Posts
What about the recall that was issued for the ignition switch? I had that happen on mine where no lights or anything would turn on but the trunk light still worked. Call up your local dealer and see if your bike has had the recall done. Shouldn't cost you a dime.
+01

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Hussein Adil, dont get to stressed out man ....dont have to lose your mind over this...everyone just helping...sometimes stating the obvious...silly as it might sound, probably does help especially for noobs.

Thanks all for the help. Basically, I figured it was beyond me to fixed the bike out at the office so i just had it towed back to the dealer. Will update on the issue resolution.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did a search on the forum for ignition switch and came up with this thread and it describes the exact same issue i was facing. I did check the two 30amp fuse and they look good, so its probably the ignition relay.

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/14-burgman-400-pre-2007/29682-ignition-switch-problem-3.html

Thanks again guys for all the help.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hussein...there is no one hundred percent diagnostics online, everybody on this forum is giving their input, whether they be right or wrong with their input, it is what it is, nobody is going to answer unless they have a fair guesstimate. Dont get in too big of a hurry to start shouting down the forum and suggest that these well respected forumites, are just shooting rabbits in the dark.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So the problem was a faulty ignition switch. The connector looks burn. Had to replaced the whole switch which caused me quite a fair bit. But the bike is running now so I guess that's some good news. Thanks for all the help guys. Truly appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Hussein I get it that you don't like people suggesting to check the kill switch or the kickstand. You pointed it out in posts 6, 9, 12 and now in post 19 you are sounding like a child saying I told you that you were wrong and I was right. :rolleyes:
Im losing my mind PLEASE!!
It's always best to check the easiest things first before taking the scooter apart or spending money on it. As mentioned above they are common problems and cost nothing to check.
By any way i don't mean to disrespect you, it's just me getting out of patience.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts