Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before buying my 04 Burgie I joined a motorcycle organization called the Southern Cruizers to get a 15% discount on my insurance. Learned that they have a bike night every Tuesday at a local bar. So I went down to check it out. Pulled in on the Burgie to register and was approached by the organizers. "They had heard of this bike but hadn't seen it" So they made it the "Bike of the Night" I had to park it on the red carpet in front of all the other 300 or so big highway crusiers and answer questions about it for the next 2 hours. Very interesting - no negative comments just a lot of curiosity.
One guy said "It's a scooter can't go very fast" to which I said it goes to around 160 km/hr.
He then replied "but its slow to get there" - no, it has a 0-100 km time of 5.8 seconds.
Again a look of disbelief and then "but it's too light for the highway" - no it weighs 524lbs. He stopped saying anything and faded into the background.

Had a great time - might go back but it won't be the same. Should get a commision from Suzuki.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Arby
I checked out the Southern Cruisers Riding Club, and it turns out there's a Hamilton Chapter group that always meets on Sundays at Frankie's Bar and Grill in Mt. Hope. I had been wondering what club that was. It has a huge parking lot which allows all the bikes to line up. I know they're not meeting there because of the breakfast :pukeleft:. Id like to see the creation of the Burgman Ontario Club, complete with a Burgman logo...ie
http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/Burgman-Logo/Suzuki_Logo
We could proudly line up our Burgmans infront of our Restaurant and then all of us could wipe'm down with pledge. Maybe we could get a deal and save 15% on pledge purchases :wink: It would also be an reason to squeeze in another breakfast adventure.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Tuesday meet is not limited to members of the Southern Crusiers it is for anyone who wants to bring their bikes down and meet with other bikers. It is a very social club - not the bad boy biker image. On a good night there could be 300-500 bikes! Lots of Hondas and Yamaha cruizers, sport bikes, few Harleys etc. etc. Every Tuesday night from 6:00pm to 9:00pm. Door prizes draw at 8:45pm. Free for anyone. They do sell raffle tickets for their charity - Sick Childrens Foundation. They have a show-n-shine scheduled but said if I showed up they didn't what category to put me in (maybe I'll win!)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hey Arby keep us posted. I would ride down one night as long as it corresponds with my shift work. June 22,29 would be dates that allow me to show. I'll bring the pledge.. :lol:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hooray!

:D That's soo cool, Arby! Thanks for sharing!

Bryna<--who can't wait to get done with work and ride her 400 home!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Arby, 0-100km/h 5.8 seconds? I'd love one of your turbocharged AN400s. :wink: I think it's nearer to 8 seconds, but that's still faster than many sports saloons. usually it's better to look at the 0-80km/h times as the gearing means that the AN400 takes longer to accelerate from 80-100km/h than a sport saloon.

The AN650 gets from 0-100km/h in 6.8 seconds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts