Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty anal about maintenance and tire pressure and find it real difficult to lay on the garage floor to do anything on the Burgman.

So i am considering a bike jack, Sear sells them along with Harbor Freight .

does anyone have any experience with something like this and the Burgman ?

If i had more $$ I would get the lift table from HF , but the jack is less.

Wonder if it will fit under the Burgman

·
Premium Member
14,228 Posts
It will not fit directly because of the the exhaust running under the bike. Some have made adapters out of wood or metal that essentially act as spacers between the top of the jack and the frame keeping the jack from pressing against the exhaust. I believe LeDude did that.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Doesn't look very friendly for draining fluids. For my '03 I built a platform from 2x4's and 3/4" melamine with reinforced centersection and removable ends to drop tire/wheels out. I used my lift to get it up but one could make a ramp. of course assuming you have space.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the time i get the jack , then find and pay someone to fabricate all the parts , plus make them look decent I think it would be about the same cost to just save up some $$ and but a proper lift table.

Thanks guys; for the quick tutorial and responses.
Doug

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
You can usually find these coupons in the back of motorcycle magazines. I actually bought one off eBay for less than the cost of the magazine mailed to me.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MJR said:
You can usually find these coupons in the back of motorcycle magazines. I actually bought one off eBay for less than the cost of the magazine mailed to me.

A good friend (who lives too far away for me to access) has one and he says it's the best farkle he has ever bought for his bikes.

Just trying to make my old bones have a little less aggravation at the lowest cost and still get my maintenance jones under control. :D

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
MJR said:
Doesn't look very friendly for draining fluids. For my '03 I built a platform from 2x4's and 3/4" melamine with reinforced centersection and removable ends to drop tire/wheels out. I used my lift to get it up but one could make a ramp. of course assuming you have space.

Interestd have more information what you use for lift burgie, as well as what part of bike you use to lift to table.

Thank you,

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Chérie said:
Interestd have more information what you use for lift burgie, as well as what part of bike you use to lift to table.

Thank you,
Chérie I rode it up on this lift, jacked it up, and rolled it onto the platform I made. Obviously I did it before the one in the photo was torn down. :D The '03 on the platform is a long term project so I don't need to get it off before the '05 thats currently on the lift. I suppose I could just make an attaching point and use the motorcycle ramp I have (for loading into my pickup truck) should I need to get it off the platform though. I own 4 Burgies at the present and am currently working on another for a BUSA member so that make 5 in my garage at the moment. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts