Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
you dont absolutely need a jack but it makes working on the bike easier. as far as will it lift the 650....the weight of the 650 with oil and fuel is a little over 600 lbs so make sure the lift can handle that much weight. also if it is one of those center lifts u will have to remove the lower leg shields from each side so you don't crush them with the lift. i personally use a table lift...but at $1,000 that may be too expensive for most.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi Seatec!

I own the jack in question and it really isnt suitable to the 650. If you have a look at my fork oil pics you can see what i ended up doing to use it. To use it regularly would require the construction of a craddle that would fit the burgmans frame. The engine hangs below the frame thus making it ackward.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
A bike jack will cost you about 100.00 more or less, if you have the room and a few hundred more there are some table jacks on ebay that work fine.
If you intend to do your own service it is the best investment you can make
next to having bought your bike. :)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Kragen Auto Parts has one on sale from July 29th to Aug 1st that as far as I can tell is just like that one. Price is $47.99 which is the best price I have ever seen. I may very well get one. Call 1-888-257-2436 for nearest store.

I went to look at it & while there appear to be a few differences the weight capasity is the same. I'm tending to think I don't really need it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am from Vancouver, BC.
I saw something like that at Costco for around $80.00 (cdn)
Another question, what do you use the bike jack for?
Isn' the centre stand good enough? Put something heavy
on the passenger seat and the front end will lift up.

·
Registered
109 Posts
seatec said:
I want the jack to make it easier to change the oil and take plastic off the bottem of bike, how much wt do you have to put on seat to raise front wheel, would not take it up far enough to do any good :)

I think the bike jack is good for doing front end work,
like front tire or steering. Don't know it will make it easier
for oil change and take plastic off the bottom of bike because
the jack sits right under the bike so there's not much room left
to get to the oil drain plug. And with the centre stand up, it will
be kind of in the way to replace the oil filter.
There is alot of plastic under the bike, so you have to take those off
before you can put it on the bike jack.
I am just guessing that arount 50lbs on the passenger seat would lift the front end up. Just put those round, weight lifting weights on the back seat
and stack them up on top of each other if you don't have a single 50lb weight.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
philtag6000 said:
I am just guessing that arount 50lbs on the passenger seat would lift the front end up. Just put those round, weight lifting weights on the back seat
and stack them up on top of each other if you don't have a single 50lb weight.
Yah. And hope they don't slide off & fall on you while your laying on the floor working under the bike... :shock:

I've had my wife sit on the back of the bike once or twice when working on the scooter. She doesn't fall off... Then again, weights won't criticize everything you're doing... :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts