Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

BigBear from Rome is here!

870 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  29534 
#1 ·
Hello forum writers, I thought I keep talking about you, about me, about what is happening around us, here, in this virtual bar. I really like the name: "The Tavern" "
Good choice.
So, from what I understand now everyone is trying to live day by day. Considering that we are now 2014 this makes me sad.
When I was a child and I read comics, I imagined the future, the year 2000, as full of well-being and safety.
We went over but the world seems crazy. There is no one thing that works.
Incredible.
Fortunately, thanks to the forum is possible to smile all together.

We can toast with a beer. I offer myself!

#2 ·
Cheers to you, BigBear!

#3 ·
Glad you wandered in, BigBear! Sit down and let me buy you a drink. What's your commute like through the streets of Rome? Mine is fairly long at 29mi/47km each way, and it takes about an hour and a half through rush hour traffic, but a little less than an hour when I'm riding through the dead of night. I'm enjoying the cooler weather too. Most of the time it's blazing hot in the daytime traffic and hot and muggy even at night.

#6 ·
Glad you wandered in, BigBear! Sit down and let me buy you a drink. What's your commute like through the streets of Rome? Mine is fairly long at 29mi/47km each way, and it takes about an hour and a half through rush hour traffic, but a little less than an hour when I'm riding through the dead of night. I'm enjoying the cooler weather too. Most of the time it's blazing hot in the daytime traffic and hot and muggy even at night.

Well, every day I use the scooter to go to work. I Work in the center of Rome near the Basilica of St. Peter. But I live outside of Rome, in an area of rolling hills, green, and air ... better!+
To make my journey sometimes is necessary 2 hours time (during the day) but I almost always I work at night and in 1 hour I arrive there.
Then I use the scooter for pleasure trips with my wife or with my 9 year old son.
My son is the co-pilot for the control of the sandwiches and soft drinks!!

#5 ·
Wes, we're are more fortunate than many because we can ride with no traffic within a few minutes of where we live (or the end of my driveway for me). I rode 40+ miles a few weeks ago and never saw another moving vehicle of any kind.

Since the weather forecast is good, I plan on riding to your city tomorrow to pick up a gift certificate from the Chop House for my daughter and son-in-law.

#7 ·
Osbornk, you are so correct, it is nice to ride those tranquil places and fortunately it doesn't take too long to get there. I hope you made it to the Chop House and back without incident. Fridays in that area can have a fair amount of traffic, especially this time of year.
I used to live between Baltimore and Washington D.C. and have been in TN for 12 years, so I really appreciate the lack of traffic congestion here.
Ride safe!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.