Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my 650 and am wondring if anyone else has had the same. When I turn the ignition switch on nothing happens except the headlights come on. I have checked battery and fuses and can find nothing wrong with them. Can anyone help?The only thing that works on the instrument panel is the clock. :?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I thought of the kill switch when I first saw this post, but the dash would have still lit up - it just wouldn't have started. If the dash isn't lighting up when the ignition is on, something is wrong. First I've ever heard of this.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Do you get malfuntcion code of any type ? It would be C and 2 digits. I've just looked through all the trouble shooting scenarios and this one is not mentioned. You sure you checked all the fuses?

I suggest you take off the handlebar covers and have a look down at the switch just to make sure nothing has fallen down there and is shorting it out.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Last July Fourth I couldn't get my bike to start after watching the fireworks. Took the battery out & got a ride home. Next day after recharging the battery I still couldn't get it to do anything even by trying to bump start it.
Just as I was about to call a tow truck I happened to look at the kill switch. Problem solved.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked and rechecked all fuses, even changed them still no luck. Lights are bright and the light under seat comes on, tail light comes on when you turn the switch to that peseusion.I allso checked kill switch.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Although the instrument panel is blank (except for the clock), will the bike start if you lift the sidestand? It could be an instrument panel fault. Sometimes LCD panels go bad for no apperent reason, and the only fix is to replace the whole module (Speaking of LCD panels in general, not specifically about the Burgman).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Checked all fuses, main fuses included.Will not start with kickstand up.Am going to carry back to the dealer to let them fix,scooter is still under warenty.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problem, but glad it's still under warranty.

Please let us know what it turns out to be, so we can be prepared if it should happen to us.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
If...

If you're like me, you turn the key one click too many past the
steering lock and leave the parking light on. A dead battery later,
you learn to avoid doing this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Problem solved

After carering 650 back to dealer found out the turn signal fuse was blown.:oops: :roll: :shock:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Re: Problem solved

no1shoetack said:
After carering 650 back to dealer found out the turn signal fuse was blown.:oops: :roll: :shock:
Well thats really good news for the rest of us :lol: Don't worry your embarrasment will soon pass and the rest of us can breathe easier knowing what to look for if we should ever encounter the same problem. Thanks for keeping us informed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Re: Problem solved

no1shoetack said:
Let me undeerstant: the turn signal fuse disabled the whole bike?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very surprized

:eek: It was the turn signal fuse!I didn't check that fuse because I thought it would not have any thing to do with cousing the whole scooter to shut down. :shock: At least I am back to riding again. :wink: :eek:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Big problem ( not realy )

I'm with abm. How dose or why dose a blown turn signal fuse disable the whole scoot? :? If that's what happen. That don't sound like a very good system. :evil: Would it happen if any of the fuses happen to blow?
Allwalk, Do you know?
Doug Collins
Springdale, Arkansas

·
Registered
747 Posts
My car did the same thing ...

Blow the reversing light fuse ... put the car into safe mode first gear all the way home (automatic)

Cost $70 @ dealer to find what was wrong ...

Great system ...

Greg ...

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Stormsteed said:
This should be relatively easy to double check, shouldn't it? Just remove the fuse in question and see how the bike behaves...
Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe someday when I'm totally bored and can't go for a ride I will take out each fuse and document the results of doing so.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts