Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I wish to thank EVERYONE who's ever posted on this site! After reading constantly for several days (lot's of posts), I went out and bought my first Burgman 400, an 04' holdout. Got a fair deal on it and am tickled to death. Just as most have stated, it handles great and will work super for what I wanted it for...a toy. Could have driven across Missouri and bought a new 05' for 4799.00 (+ whatever little or big add on charge as they wouldn't disclose over the phone), but opted for this silver 04'. Mine too, in just one day, has picked up the nickname "Weedeater", but hey, they gotta poke fun at something. Once again, big thanks to all the positive and negative posts..really helped make my decision easier.

Cassvillecop
Cassville, MO
The Home of Ozark Hills and Roaring River State Park

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Cassvillecop . Glad to have you join us. Congratulations on the new Burgman 400.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Congratulations on your new Burgman, cassvillecop!
Seems a lot of fun is poked at the Burgman (being a scooter) but I believe there is a lot of envy at the root of the ribbing.
A friend of mine is shopping for a bike right now and has had his eye on the boulevard cruiser by Suzuki. I've told him to check out the 650 Burger before he commits. I think he'll be happier in the long run but we shall see! :)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Welcome, MO guy. Good t' 'ave ye' 'board. T'anks f' givin' me th' opportunity t' use so many apostrophes. (C'mon, y' knew all along.)

Steve

Gear up!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Welcome, and Congratulations cassvillecop.
I see by your post you bought the faster silver color (like mine). :D
good choice :!:
Make you a bet,
inside of 2 months you will not be thinking of it as a toy. :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Guaranteed that once you pass the break-in, it will surprise you. The first 500 miles gives a false impression. There aren't any other toys I can think of that I would cruise cross country with my wife on the back on. The first time you open the throttle all the way to pass, hang on. 0-60 in 7 or 8 seconds is no joke.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome aboard!

I agree with Randy. My 50cc scooter was a toy...the Burgmans DEMAND respect. Trust me...you don't want to "play" around on these too much or you might find yourself sitting on your behind on the asphalt!

While they shouldn't be considered a toy...they are FUN to ride. Just take a look around here at all the :D 's!

Me? I have a permanent :D and mine is still in pieces in the garage. (Bought as a project.)

Dee

·
Registered
61 Posts
Coolness!

Oooo Oooo :notworthy: You live down by Table Rock! I wish I had some of that scenery to drive my Burgy through.

Mind if I shout at ya if I ever have the time to take it down there? I don't know the roads and you could probably show me the best places to have a nice ride.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Toy Remark...

Thanks for the welcomes and howdys! Stated my Burgman was a toy (a word used to describe any goodie my wife lets me have). I work for the City of Cassville as their PoPo Detective and decided to pick up a part time gig south of us patroling the small town of Washburn MO...what to do with all this extra cash?? Invest in stocks? Got a camper and a boat...had a Vette and didn't want another...HEY, I've always wanted one of those and with gas what it is...so here I am. As to ANYONE who wants to ride the ozarks/Table Rock area, just let me know when. I've got some of the best bike roads around, going right by the house (Table Rock 5 minutes, Roaring River State Park 2 minutes, Eureka Springs AR 10 minutes).

One quick question: Best scooter cover? size?

Steve
Cassvillecop
Cassville, MO
Home of Roaring River State Park

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've got one from Namco (I think that's the name, anyway). It's a standard scooter cover with elastic edges. Got it at the dealer for about $50. The Burgy is big enough to use a motorcycle cover as well, though.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Steve and welcome to the forums. Glad to hear you are enjoying your new ride.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
That is my very favorite part of the USA, Cassville! Colorado is more spectacular, but the Ozarks have a quiet dignity about them that can't be beat. I probably feel that way because I grew up in St. Louis, and vacationed there as a kid. I may even retire there someday, if GM actually leaves me a pension.

What on earth is a "po/po detective"?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Lapine Rider said:
What on earth is a "po/po detective"?
Maybe he works in the canine unit...poo poo detective? :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PoPo

PoPo: to be a Police Officer, Deputy Sheriff, Marshall, Agent. Must just be a cop thing...but I swear I hear dirtbags whispering "there go the popo" when I pass by....

On another note..put about 100 +/- miles on "Kilo" (I used to work dope too)...all is well so far and just as fun as I expected, really enjoying it.

Steve
Cassvillecop
Cassville, MO
Home of Roaring River State Park

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Sorry for the misunderstanding! Using your terminology then my Burger is a "toy" as well...hubby let me get it as a Christmas present... :D

Glad to hear you are enjoying the ride. That is what it is all about.

Dee

1 - 15 of 15 Posts