Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE ALSO JOINED THIS COMMUNITY OF BURGMAN OWNERS WITH A
2005 SILVER 400. I AM PROUD TO BE HERE AND LOOK FORWARD TO CONVERSING WITH EACH ONE OF MY NEW BURGMAN FRIENDS. I FEEL VERY LUCKY TO HAVE FOUND YOUR SITE AND IT IS A GREAT SITE AT THAT.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Greetings, Tailwind. Welcome to the ICOBO. :hello2:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Tailwind. Glad to have you join us. Congratulations on the new Burgman 400. Mississippi must be having a sale on Burgmans with the number of new riders from there joining our ranks. :) One note Tailwind, please turn off your caps lock when posting on the forum. All caps is considered to be shouting. ;)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Tailwind and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new ride!

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shouting

Sorry Bill,

I take back all the caps except for "GREAT WEBSITE"

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Welcome

Hi Tailwind,

See that you live in the very north part of Mississippi, glad to see more Mississippian getting the scooter fever.

I live in Collinsville, Ms just north of Meridian. I usually just say I'm from Meridian.

If the scooter world in Mississippi keeps growing we can start our own scooter club. Burgman USA Club/Region/State clubs.

Ride safe and have fun.

Ruthie 8)

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Welcome Tailwind. It seems as though the numbers here in the southeast are growing!
Pete

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Re: Shouting

Tailwind said:
Sorry Bill,

No biggie. Just thought I'd mention it to ya. ;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Welcome Tailwind. I put about 100 miles on my 650 today. I am loving it so far. Sure wish you were closer to the coast. Need someone to ride with. I hope you enjoy your purchase. This forum is top notch.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Welcome

Ruthie said:
Hi Tailwind,

See that you live in the very north part of Mississippi, glad to see more Mississippian getting the scooter fever.

I live in Collinsville, Ms just north of Meridian. I usually just say I'm from Meridian.

If the scooter world in Mississippi keeps growing we can start our own scooter club. Burgman USA Club/Region/State clubs.

Ride safe and have fun.

Ruthie 8)
Ruthie,

Have been through Meridian many times on my way to Camp Shelby, Retired from the Guard in 1994 with 20 years service. I have a friend that rides a Honda Goldwing and he is amazed that I can keep up with him on my 13 inch tires at 70 or 75. We plan a trip to Jackson, Ms Saturday prepairing for our trip to Panama City Fla. in May. Thats right, I live right on the Tn line. Memphis is 13 miles away. It would be great if all the Burgman states had a ride every year. Believe you could organize and be supported by all.

Be Safe back to you!
Russ (Tailwind)

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brian said:
Greetings, Tailwind. Welcome to the ICOBO. :hello2:
Brian,

Appreciate your Greeting and look forward to hearing from Seattle.

Russ (Tailwind)

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
allwalk said:
Greetings Tailwind and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new ride!
"allwalk",

I appreciate your welcome and have been to your Beautiful Canada many times Pike fishing on Big Bear Lake.

Thanks
Russ (Tailwind)

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Paul Barnard said:
Welcome Tailwind. I put about 100 miles on my 650 today. I am loving it so far. Sure wish you were closer to the coast. Need someone to ride with. I hope you enjoy your purchase. This forum is top notch.
Paul,

Look forward to a group ride appreciate the welcome. Plan to ride my 400 to Panama City FL. in May for Dixie Shrine Assoc. competition.

Thanks
Russ (Tailwind)

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pete said:
Welcome Tailwind. It seems as though the numbers here in the southeast are growing!
Pete
Pete,

Thank you for your welcome and the support you have provided to this site. I too, plan to support this well organized site that was created for all the Burgman owners and other cycle lovers.

Thanks
Russ (Tailwind)

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Shouting

billmeek said:
Tailwind said:
Sorry Bill,

No biggie. Just thought I'd mention it to ya. ;)
Bill,

There seems to be two Summertowns one around Mount Pleasant the other near Chattanooga. I am 13 miles South of Memphis. Thanks for your greeting and again "GREAT WEBSITE"

Russ (Tailwind)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Russ,

My Summertown (yeah, I own it :roll:) is in Middle Tennessee just south of Mount Pleasant. It's about a 4 hour trip to Memphis from here if ya drive it straight thru. If you ever make it up this way, be sure to let me know.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
billmeek said:
Russ,

My Summertown (yeah, I own it :roll:) is in Middle Tennessee just south of Mount Pleasant. It's about a 4 hour trip to Memphis from here if ya drive it straight thru. If you ever make it up this way, be sure to let me know.
Bill,

I'm glad to see you were closer than Chattanooga, look forward to a get together ride.

Russ (Tailwind)

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Hi Russ (Tailwind),

I like the idea about a state ride and gathering. What date would be good for everyone?

I too ride with my husband who has a Gold Wing and 10 other Gold Wing friends. Yes, they are very impressed with my Burgman 400. I do get ribbed alots about being Scooter Trash. But then they will say I'm they Scooter Trash.

Are you planning on going to Scootercade in August? We planning on attending. Really looking forward to it. The Gold Wings can tag along with me this time.

Let's get scooter riders thinking about a state or region get together.

·
Registered
2 Posts
trailer and hitch for burgman

I am a Burgman 650 owner and am planning a trip to Alaska this summer. Your trailer photo looks like what I am looking for. Please provide me with some of the details as to the mfg. of the hitch and how the trailer has performed for you.
I sold my 1500 Intruder that I rode over 40,000 miles last fall and purchased the Burgman because the arthritis in my hands made clutching difficult. I have put 4,000miles on the Burgman since Sept. and love it. I have made a number of modifications to the bike to make it more tour frinedly and the ability to tow a ultra lite trailer would have me ready for Alaska
[email protected]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts