Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I’m planning on getting a 650 in the next two weeks.
I have 30 years of ridding experience, but with bicycles, not motorcycles or scooters.
Most of the scooter ridding I’ll be doing is on beautiful Rappahannock County roads in rural Virginia, with a few trips each month on an interstate into Washington DC.
I will take the motorcycle safety course. It will be interesting to see how much of my cycling experience translates to motorcycling.

One of the short trips I’d like to use the Burgman for is to take me to my favorite place to start my bicycle rides. The starting point for my bicycle rides is 12 miles away on a rural highway. You may ask why I just don’t ride the bike to the starting point? The answer is I would ride there, but said rural highway is just to dangerous. It has no shoulder, a fair amount of high-speed traffic and a lot of blind spots caused by hills and turns.

So my question is - is there a bicycle rack for motorcycles or scooters, is this something I’ll have to build?

KevinN

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I've never seen one. However, unless you're talking about a fold-up bike or maybe towing it inline, I can see some very serious problems with the concept.

As you may recall from bicycling, 2 wheeled vehicles are affected by moving air much more than 4 wheeled vehicles. Anything that increases your "profile" will have the potential to seriously adversely affect the handling of your bike. Also, the higher up the "sail" is mounted, the greater the effect will be.

I've seen single-wheel trailers for motorcycles. Arranging to have the front wheel locked and secured to a hitch might work while keeping the wind pressure low and indirect.

Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bicyle trailer for a motorcycle etc.

Check out the website, sportsrig.com for the micro trailer designed to transport bikes behind a motorcycle or scooter. It received a 5 star review from Bicycling mag. As the owner of the trailer, I can attest to the quality of the product. It is a b#t%h to put together. I run it off my Subaru Forester and can't attest to the stability behind a Burgman. Hope you find this helpful. Long before I bought my Burgman 400, I have been and always will be a cyclist (recumbent my specialty) first!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts