Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, that's how it's going to be, eh? I hate when things turn out like this. The story starts last Thanksgiving when I went camping in Oklahoma. I get back and saw how much mud was thrown into the radiator.
So, I order the Fender Extender to keep said mud accumulation at a minimum..
I didn't put it on until this weekend -right after I painted the scoot.
The first time I come home, I drive down my 300' gravel driveway and pick up a rock that rolls all they way from the back of tire to the front in between the tire and the fender. I don't know how deep the cracks in the fender are but it cracked the paint -DANGIT!
I'll leave it until this paint cures then fix it.
Wouldn't have happened if I didn't paint it -I'm sure of it!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
just bad luck man, walk through your driveway and make sure you remove those big rocks, I tell you these rocks, can cause more damage than that, and not only in the fender.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 300' driveway is ALL rocks. I know it's part of the game and I'm leaving the fender extender on. I do like it.
I was just venting because I just painted the scoot.
Notice the rocks.... I'm sure it wouldn't have happened if I hadn't painted it - lol. On the other hand, without the fender extender the rock may have damaged the radiator which would have been more expensive to fix.

Color is 2014 Ford Sunset-

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Nice paint job! Sorry about your fender. I agree it probably wouldn't have happened if you hadn't just painted it. That's the way my luck goes also.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Paint job looks great.

I too have just installed a fender extender so that is why I wondered if you thought it contributed to the incident.

Whenever something like that happens to me I usually think: "No good deed goes unpunished".

Hope it doesn't take too much to make your ride whole again.

George

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ghuseman - Yeah, it did. I just flipped a rock backwards and the fender extender caught it and it rolled all the way around and spit out the front.
Like others have said, they've used the fenexten for a while with no problems. I just happen to have a 300 foot long 2" gravel (the rocks they put on railroad tracks) driveway.
It's just my luck that it happened after I paint it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts