Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you Purchase an Extended Warranty through OneideaSuzuki.com you will not get the refund you expect.
I realize most wont do this - But just be aware as you make your purchase decisions

The site says there is a $50 cancellation fee which i totally accept, - i was actually refunded $150 dollars less so 227 instead of $379 less $50 or $329

SEPP policy is to refund the whole amount within 30 days - They also wont tell me what they refunded Oneidea Suzuki.inc - The dealer on the contract - and the dealer claims no relationship to the online store
I spoke to SEPP and they confirmed they had sent the dealer an amount - they wouldnt tell me how much - and that they told the dealer i was entitled to $379

The guy at oneida suzuki dealer (spoke on the phone) explained it was my fault for trying to get a deal and it served me right for ever thinking of selling the warranty - I guess this proves he was right !

I am assuming the online store covers themselves with these two sentences - A prorated cancellation fee based on term used is also applied, any additional applicable cancellation charges.
found here - http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/help. ... conditions

So just be careful about buying one through the online store http://www.oneidasuzuki.com if you think you will ever trade the bike in and look for a refund. - Im posting this not to create a stir just to allow people to be better informed

I do have a whole string of emails back and forth this was the last from them

I'm sorry you are confusing paid price verses policy refund price. Your policy refund price is $277.00. Any policy returns from another store do not apply to purchases made through oneidasuzuki.com. For the same reason you saved a large amount when you purchased the SEPP verses buying it through another vendor that charges more.Another stores prices or return policy are not the same every where.
You are confusing the refund if you purchased the SEPP from another business. The refund policy is listed on-line so there is no confusion. Any cancellation is the refund amount less a $50.00 cancellation fee. Your policy refund was $277.00 less fifty dollars,you are not entitled for a $379.00 refund.
The policy refund from SEPP was $277.00,there is a $50.00 cancellation fee deducted from that. Your credit was applied to you on 1/14/13.

If this is in the wrong section - feel free to move it

·
Registered
61 Posts
Re: Beware of Oneida Suzuki Extended Warranties - if you can

I know how you feel, I did the warranty for a Yamaha C3 at the dealer, and 4 or 5 days after the 30 days I decided to cancel it. I knew it would be a $25 fee and prorated, so 4 or 5 days it shouldn't be that much off an original warranty cost of $250. Well when I got the check in the mail I could believe how much they took, I ended up with only $81. I went to the dealer to verify and complain, what shocked me was they said I got almost 100% refund back. I am still trying to figure that one out.

Yamaha lost a customer over what I view as lack of ethics and I would not purchase another Yamaha bike or product.

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts

I suspect you would've gotten the same amount back, even if you paid double from your local dealer. Oneida Suzuki is just a middleman in the transaction, same as the local dealer would be. But (and this is an assumption only) Suzuki will only pay back the prorated portion of what the "real" cost is...and the markup is the dealer's profit that you'll never see.

Chris

·
Registered
3,933 Posts

It is funny how a warranty can be a big profit maker for the one selling them. :?

·
Registered
208 Posts

Just my opinion, but extended warranties are only good for the one selling them.. Most financial advisors say dont wast your money. I once bought a $9.99 coffee grinder, and was asked if I wanted the extended warranty for an additional $4.00.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts

thomphoto said:
Just my opinion, but extended warranties are only good for the one selling them.. Most financial advisors say dont wast your money. I once bought a $9.99 coffee grinder, and was asked if I wanted the extended warranty for an additional $4.00.

There's a big difference on different types of extended warranties............

At an electronics store, I never purchase the warranties, those are just money making exercises for the provider. Most solid state electronics will outlast the warranty period they'll offer.Try to find a 10year warranty with full coverage on them!
Having said that, I do have extended warranties on the laptops in the departments I run at work, as these are tools my people need, and are subject to heavy use. It's an on-site support warranty, and in the last six months have had to have two hard-drives and one sceen replaced. Rather than replacing two business laptops, that warranty makes sense.

As for vehicles, it all depends on what vehicle, how you use it, and what the warranty covers, as to whether it is worthwhile. Read the 650 forum, and you'll find stories of people really glad they had their warranties, others who wished they had them, and some who think they cost of the warranty works out more than what they've had to spend out in repairs. Different horses for different courses.

In the end, some warranties are a rip-off, others are not, and it's up to the individual to decide. Caveat Emptor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts