Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a Bestem top box with the led light kit and the lights lasted about 90 days. Removed the light strip and confirmed that the lights were all burned out except for one set. There are four light circuits on the strip. I will contact them on Tuesday and request warranty replacement for the light strip. I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just installed a Bestem box. I hope my lights hold up better than yours. Could the lead wires have gotten crimped or damaged where they enter the box?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Same here. Have had about a month. Left side running lights dead and now half of the right. Box is ok but lights are crap.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
LED light failure

I just installed a Bestem box. I hope my lights hold up better than yours. Could the lead wires have gotten crimped or damaged where they enter the box?
No, I checked and all the wires are okay, the failure is in the led light strip it self. Look at the attached picture and see the separate attach points for each cluster of lights, which have 5 individual leds. There was a failure of 4 of the leds and only one would light up in each cluster of 5 lights. I called Bestem this morning and told them of the problem they said they would ship out a new light strip today, and I have a tracking number so they are on the ball. Will post when I get it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
What was involved in removing the led strips?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2nd Failure

I installed the led strips that bestem sent me and they worked for about a month then went dead. Traced the problem back to a bad solder job they did putting the wiring harness together. I tore the box apart again, then found the bad areas and resolderd the harness back together and now it is working again. Lucky for me I have all the tools and skills to fix it, but if they would take a little more time they could have done it properly the first time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts