Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
My Bestem mount instructions for an 2012 400 stated that there were 4 molded crosshair structures (guide marks) on the inside part of the rear cover. One was supposed to drill these out, so when the rear cover was replaced, the drilled holes would line up exactly with the threaded hole on the framework, if your 2007 framework is the same.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Looks correct to me.

Before you locktite everything in, make sure you have measured and test fitted everything. I used several washers as spacers to level the box and to make clearances so screws would not be touching painted surfaces once tightened.

Let us know how everything goes and send post some pictures of your handiwork.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
My Bestem mount instructions for an 2012 400 stated that there were 4 molded crosshair structures (guide marks) on the inside part of the rear cover. One was supposed to drill these out, so when the rear cover was replaced, the drilled holes would line up exactly with the threaded hole on the framework, if your 2007 framework is the same.
This was true of my 650 install. We used a stepped drill bit. Worked great.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm lost here, how do I get the tailpiece to fit on it has the hump for the back rest? Do I leave that off?? image.jpg

Here on this photo you can see me holding the tailpiece up against the body where it would fit back on. as you can see the back rest section of the tailpiece is higher taller than the bracket? Did they make different tailpieces for the k7

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Bad news mate, that tailpiece is the one with a backrest. I don't think any rack works with it. You need the flat, non-backrest tailpiece to get a proper install. I'd leave it off, install your box, and try to find a cheap flat tailpiece on eBay.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers mate, that was the answer I was looking for, I noticed on their website that they were using a flat one, it must be a K8 or something . I have no problem leaving off just want to make sure I done it right , thanks buddies!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-Suzuki-Burgman-Upper-Tail-Fairing-Panel-Cowl-AN400-AN-400-S102994-74A-/111122439646?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19df69ddde&vxp=mtr

I think this is what you need. Looks to be the right year, part and color.

The underside has four crosshairs that mark where to drill to accomodate the four round spacers. The black rack goes over the tailpiece and the case rack attaches to the black rack. Pop on the box and you're good to go.

You should look into connecting the brake light of the box. Just a couple of splices. My friend did mine, so I won't pretend to know what I'm doing. Perhaps someone else could help.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts