Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive searched here and there but cannot find my answer.
I bought the Bestem 929 Top Box but there were no wiring instructions included.
A Facebook message to Bestem went unanswered.
Maybe someone here knows the answer.

I need help with the wiring. Not the lights that are on the top half of the box (I saw many videos on how to do that) but
the LEDs on the bottom half of the box.

There are 3 very thin wires - red, green, black - 26 AWG stamped on the bundled wires.

How do these get wired? Where do I connect them?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Nillinator said:
There are 3 very thin wires - red, green, black - 26 AWG stamped on the bundled wires.
How do these get wired? Where do I connect them?
I am not really in a position to help right now, but the three wires are 1-ground, 2-brake lights, 3-running lights. There are 5 LED lights per little section in the light strip. The brake lights should be the one that lights 3 of those LEDs, the running lights - 2. I forget which is which, but I just wired up a 929 to the back of my ST1100 - works great! (although it worked better on my Honda with a Relay wired for each function - apparently the ST1100 has some whimpy electrics)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks LeDude, but I'm a bit challenged when it comes to decoding that. Which one would be the red, green or black? Do I use the left or right schematic? Where is the best location to splice at?

Here is what it looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an update on the wiring. I was able to wire the box with the help of a friend and some trial and error. Luckily there were no errors.

We tapped the brake lights this way:
Red and brown wire to White wire with Black stripe.
Blue and Black wire to Black wire with white stripe
Green wire to Grey wire

Thanks everyone for your help.
Looking forward to my next project.
Meanwhile, I could try and get pix and vid posted soon.

·
Registered
119 Posts
A Quick Disconnect Attachment

:headbang:Thanks for the wiring info Nillinator. I'm not real intelligent in that area and your simple directions worked perfectly! I just had 1 addition. I used a trailer wiring kit I had left over. I wired 1 plug to everything INSIDE the box like you said. Then I wired the other pigtail to the lights on the bike like you said. I left enough pigtail hanging out of the box and from under the plastic of the bike that I can connect them together and stow under the seat when I close it. I used a 4 pole trailer connector if anybody else cares. It works like a charm and it is mostly out of site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts