Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
I have mounted 2 top boxes on my 400 and they were both "dead level"..!!

I think that maybe you mounted that plate backwards (If possible!) or the spacers are reversed from the one that go in the rear with the ones that go in the front.....UNDER THE MOUNTING PLATE..!! If the plate was not level to begin with - the box is going to DROOP............!!!!!!!
the spacers that Bestem has been shipping with their kit were cut for the 400, not the 650.

The folks at Bestem are working on hopefully providing the right size spacers for 650 owners, in the meantime this is what I would recommend for spacer heights:

My recommendations for the frame spacers are as follows at a minimum:

My spacer measurements came out to:

Two rear.......: 1 5/8 inches each
Single front...: 2 1/4 inches

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
And then my 929 will mount level on the new bestem mounting plate?

LeDude, I know you originally made a custom mount - not sure if your spacer measurements were for your plate or the new one from bestem - that's why I'm asking. I thought a little planning might prevent me from spending my whole day at this tomorrow. Thanks guys!
those are the minimum height measurements for clearing the back of the 2012 base plate and the seat regardless of who's support plate you use. Unless you opt for the slanted towards the back look which will raise the back enough to clear the seat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.