Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Jay said:
What is the best windshield for the 650.
I want to read your opinions.

Thanks
consider the freakin' lip. I did. It works.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Jay said:
What is the best windshield for the 650.
I want to read your opinions.
Thanks
It is going to depend a lot on your height, and how much protection you are after.

I am 6'6" tall, and about evenly divided between legs and upper body - so I sit pretty tall on the machine. I tried a Givi windscreen, which only comes in one size. It didn't do what I wanted - I still suffered significant helmet buffeting. Some folks have been satisfied with the Givi though.

I now have a Clearview screen. The nice thing about Clearview is that they offer screens in several different heights. The tallest one works very well for me.

Adding the Laminar Lip or the Saeng Winglet to the stock shield has worked well for some riders - but they have been shorter than I am.

There is no one best solution for everyone, but there have been several others who switched from Givi to Clearview and enjoyed better results.
My personal recommendation would be Clearview. They are good folks to work with, and with their several sizes, they can cover riders of all different heights.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Windscreens

Pauljo:

I just bought an 03 650 today and was put off by the excessive windnoise. This is a used bike with 1400 miles on it and I wonder if you could tell me what a Saeng winglet is. I'm 5'9" and I'm looking over the windscreen by a few inches and the noise is simply unacceptable. If I hunker down so that I'm looking through the windscreen, the noise disappears and all I hear is the reassuring thrum of the halfabusa engine.

There is a black bead of rubbery stuff around the edges of the windscreen. It says Saeng something. Is this the Saeng winglet? As I've got the only Burgman in Cochise county, I have no idea whether it came with the black bead.

Any input will be appreciated, because I've got to get this racket quieted down

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
What you have on the screen is SAENG Stealth Edging. It raises windflow maybe an inch - it isn't terribly effective.

Go to http://www.saeng.com/ then click on products, then Winglets, to see a picture. It is similar to the Laminar Lip in principle, but more sophisticated - you can tune it by adjusting tilt, etc by just loosening a couple of screws. I tried one, and sold it to a member of this forum. I think he might be 5'9" or thereabouts too, and he liked it. But it is pricey. You could buy a new Clearview windshield for about $30 more, and with the windshield you gain some additional width as well as height.

SAENG Engineering is located about 80 miles from where I live, and I did visit their shop a couple of times while I was looking for wind management solutions for both the Burgman and the V-Strom. They also have a Wing-Tip, which is larger (and more expensive) than the Winglet.
The quality of the materials they use and their machining is excellent.
They do offer a money back guarantee (minus shipping costs).

·
Registered
220 Posts
Saeng stuff, etc.

Thanks, Paul, I'll check out the website. Having said that, I think the clearview might be preferable due to increased width. But I'll do the research for both items.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts