Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wiley x seems to be the way to go as far as good protective sun glasses (per v8eyedoc and testimonials). Anyone know what style/model # is best and where to buy at best price?

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Not trying to talk you into these, but I'll use them as an example of what I'd consider in your new Wiley X sunglasses.

These are Foster Grant Solo POL sunglasses. http://fostergrant-store.mwrc.net/en/pr ... t_id=33437 (Fred Meyer sells them for about $20 and on the first Tuesday of every month, you can get an old fogey's 10% discount if you're over 55.)

There are two things I like about these that I'd look for in any other brand of sunglasses.
  • 1. The lens wraps around to the side virtually eliminating any area that the sun can get through. In the summer with just aviator style sunglasses, the sun was catching me in the space between the sunglass's edge and the side of the face. These eliminate that.
    2. The temples are not thick.[list:1cthpgcl]
    a. They don't block any side or peripheral vision like the current styles with thick sides.
    b. They fit under a helmet easily without causing a lot of pressure.
[/list:u:1cthpgcl]

Chris

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Any glasses that have an open, or wire bridge by your nose (like above)lets wind in which splits on your nose, watering both eyes.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Mike337 said:
Any glasses that have an open, or wire bridge by your nose (like above)lets wind in which splits on your nose, watering both eyes.
Also known as the venturi effect......... :study:

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Wow...never had that issue. :shock:

Chris

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Daboo said:

Chris
That is because it depends on the conformity of the bridge of your nose with that of the shape of the lens as it rests on your nose..... Even some motorcycle specific riding glasses do not fit each and every shape nose and face...!!! One size & style does not fit all.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
v8eyedoc said:
Daboo said:

Chris
That is because it depends on the conformity of the bridge of your nose with that of the shape of the lens as it rests on your nose..... Even some motorcycle specific riding glasses do not fit each and every shape nose and face...!!! One size & style does not fit all.

Either that or you use a full face helmet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts